Torsion keys

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torsion keys

When i first got my truck I put some aftermarket torsion keys in it and a 2" AAL.

Now that I've had the torsion keys for about 2 years now, they are junk. Do not waste your money. If you want a lift buy a full suspensionl lift, or if you want a little lift for cheap, buy a body lift. I have no idea how much lift I have I just started turning them in until it looked good. Big no no.

Heres the deal, I don't have the stock keys anymore. I tossed em thinking I would not ever put them back in. DOH. I have now replaced the idler arm, 2 tie rod ends and I now have to replace a cv axle cuz the boot is split open. Not to mention it riding like a solid suspension car on washboard roads.

I am obviously stuck with the aftermarket keys. So what I would like to do is turn it back down to about as far as you can turn em with the stock torsion keys cranked. From which I understand is about 1.5 inches higher than stock. For all i know I might be at 2-3 inches over stock.

So could somebody take some measurements for me that have their stock torsion bars cranked and tell me the measurements from either the center line of the axle up to the bottom of the fenders, or maybe from the top of the rim to the bottom of the fenders, as long as you have 17" rims.

Also, how are your balljoint and cv axle angles with it like that. I know it's gotta be alot better than what I am at now.

Thanks.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
someone should make this a sticky! would eliminate soooo many questions about using those garbage aftermarket keys.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could just look at the CV joint angles. I would guess you would just need to install the aftermarket keys with as little preload as possible. Remember, the closer to level your CV joints are, the better.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
someone should make this a sticky! would eliminate soooo many questions about using those garbage aftermarket keys.
x2

Quick Reply: Torsion keys