Rear Shock Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Shock Question.

OK im new here and i have a little prob. I have a '01 F150 Super crew with a v8 and my rear shocks went out. I went to the auto part store and they were asking for $150 a shock. I know this is not the best deal. So can you guys help me out a little bit im not too good with shocks at all in looking at price and im not to sure what to look for. Any help/input would be great.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great shocks for our truck should be under $100. Bilstein HD's, probably the highest recommended shock on this forum, can be found for around $70 each. If you have no brand loyalty and not sure what you're looking for, then I'd recommned the Bilsteins from somewhere like www.shockwarehouse.com They're a sponsor here, give you a discount, and I've been really really happy doing business with them. You also said the rear shocks, but I personally recommend swapping out all four.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
$150 is rediculously expensive!!!!

I recently bought 4 Monroe Reflex's for $200 total at autozone.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Wow

Originally Posted by Linkin
OK im new here and i have a little prob. I have a '01 F150 Super crew with a v8 and my rear shocks went out. I went to the auto part store and they were asking for $150 a shock. I know this is not the best deal. So can you guys help me out a little bit im not too good with shocks at all in looking at price and im not to sure what to look for. Any help/input would be great.

I dont know how anybody gets away charging that.... We are just about at that price for all 4

Dennis

Quick Reply: Rear Shock Question.