Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!

Just the other week the front drivers side started to feel loose every time I'd hit a bump, now we have had a hell of a winter here in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) so i'm sure I have it alot of bumps of ice this year. Can anyone give me a idea on what it could be. I am also hearing alot of squeeking noice coming from that side (drivers) when I put on my brakes, and sometimes when I make a right. I'm going to check my brakes sometime this week, but any input would be great. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey, I'm new here and just got a 150 myself, but I think I might be able to help you with your problem. I'm having a very similar problem except it is on my passenger's side. I looked under the front of the truck and found that the bushings behind my radius arms (long arms going from behind the tires to some brackets riveted onto the frame, can't miss 'em) were worn down. They are simple rubber bushings but with 135k+ miles on my truck they were worn down to the point where there was about a half inch to an inch of play between the bracket and the rotted bushings.

I'm not sure if you can torque down the bolt in the back to suck up the play (if that is even your problem) but at least for me I'm getting some new bushings. I heard MOOG makes a good set but I think the parts the local parts guy gave me are wrong. He gave me these:
http://cds.activant.com/C2C/C01/10/416/55735910.jpg

when I think he should have given me these:
http://info.rockauto.com/Moog/K80007_TOP.jpg

So if you want to check those bushings out, it might just be your problem. I'm 99% sure its my problem but hopefully someone can chime in on what set of bushings to get .

EDIT: Oh yea, I know worn down ball joints/ maybe even wheel bearings can cause a sloppy front end. To check the joints, jack the front end up and grab the tire by the top and bottom and try to wiggle it back and forth. If she moves on you, the joints are likely junk. I could be wrong though!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by FordMan08
Hey, I'm new here and just got a 150 myself, but I think I might be able to help you with your problem. I'm having a very similar problem except it is on my passenger's side. I looked under the front of the truck and found that the bushings behind my radius arms (long arms going from behind the tires to some brackets riveted onto the frame, can't miss 'em) were worn down. They are simple rubber bushings but with 135k+ miles on my truck they were worn down to the point where there was about a half inch to an inch of play between the bracket and the rotted bushings.

I'm not sure if you can torque down the bolt in the back to suck up the play (if that is even your problem) but at least for me I'm getting some new bushings. I heard MOOG makes a good set but I think the parts the local parts guy gave me are wrong. He gave me these:
http://cds.activant.com/C2C/C01/10/416/55735910.jpg

when I think he should have given me these:
http://info.rockauto.com/Moog/K80007_TOP.jpg

So if you want to check those bushings out, it might just be your problem. I'm 99% sure its my problem but hopefully someone can chime in on what set of bushings to get .

EDIT: Oh yea, I know worn down ball joints/ maybe even wheel bearings can cause a sloppy front end. To check the joints, jack the front end up and grab the tire by the top and bottom and try to wiggle it back and forth. If she moves on you, the joints are likely junk. I could be wrong though!
Thanks for geting back. I will have a look at those and get back to you. Welcome to the site.