Suspension Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Lift Questions

First off, I want to say that I've been lurking around here for a few weeks since I bought my truck, and I have to say that the information and knowledge you guys possess on here is nothing short of amazing. Top notch stuff! Just by using the search I've pretty much answered my own questions as to what wheels and tires I want to buy, backspacing, sizes, brands, etc.

I do have one question though: I just purchased my truck about 3 weeks ago. Its a 2005 Supercrew, 4x4, XLT with the 5.4. I want to lift it ASAP. Its killing me looking at all the pics on here of everyones badass lifted trucks. First I thought I was just going to go with a level kit and some 33's, but then I said screw it...I want it LIFTED!

So here's the question. I plan on purchasing an 8" Rize lift, 37x13.5 Tires, and some 22" Moto Metal wheels. I'm not sure on the tires yet, and pretty much narrowed down on the wheels, but its the suspension that I have questions on.

I know I'm gonna have to eventually re-gear to a 4.88. But what is the best way to lift this truck with an 8" Rize lift and clear those 37's?

Should I get the lift, and use a spacer in the front and an Add A Leaf in the rear? If so, how big should I go for the front, and for the rear? I want this to sit level, and I want as much lift as possible..but still do it properly.

How about shocks? Bigger shocks that add more lift? I'm not afraid to spend money, but I also don't want to break the bank either. I"m also into classic cars, so my hobbies are starting to get EXPENSIVE!

After its lifted, aside from brake lines...what else should I be expecting to purchase to get this on the road? I've heard the kit comes with a driveshaft extension, but am I going to need more stuff?

Anybody who's done this please chime in and give me some advice on what I need to do this right. I basically just want a lifted truck, and my offroad time is going to be rare. I just want a gigantic Urban Assault Vehicle!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure about the 8 inch Rize kit and what it includes to lift the rear but the usual matter would be a combination of a block and an add-a-leaf or a new spring pack. Shocks usually don't add lift, but your truck uses coilover shocks up front. So, a coilover featuring adjustable spring preload will allow you to crank up the spring preload for another inch or so of lift.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I believe the rize kit comes with a spacer to put on top of your original kit. You might want to look into getting some coilovers, but are not necessary. You also might want to think about getting 20's instead of 22's. Your tire choices are narrowed quite a bit with 22's, plus if you go offroading at all they will perform better.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
do not add any additional lift with the rize 8 inch. it will clear 37s no problem and keep your steering and cv axle geometry factory. not to mention its hard to get that additional 2 inches in the rear to match the front without custom leaf packs and a custom driveshaft.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 AM
^^ I agree, the rize is plenty for what your looking for.

Additional items ? No, you'll be able to get on the road right away. You doing the install ?

I would suggest getting the gears soon. Your putting quite the load on the drive train with those big *** meats ! Also, I would buy the Mag Hytech tranny pan and dif cover. Both incredibly great prducts, and add a ton more fluid which = cooler running temps. The rear dif even has a dip-stick in it. Handy when out on the trail. Got pics in my gallery. click "mods"

When your ready, talk to this guy : https://www.f150online.com/forums/members/81799-crash_lucky13.html

Has some good prices.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the responses! I'll definitely get ahold of that guy in the next few weeks for the lift kit. I never even though of the trans pan and the diff cover....I'll look into that too.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Crash Lucky13 can't get RIZE kit. I've asked him already.

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 AM
that sucks. From everything I've read up on, I'm kind of hell bent on the Rize kit. I'll keep looking around at different places. If there's any dealers on here that do lifts, wheels, tires, gears, etc....I'd like to support them instead of someone else.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Look into Alon@modbargains..... or Kansasjoe.... both very cool guys, and I think they can get the Rize kit.

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift Questions