2" Leveling kit to Rancho 4" lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2" Leveling kit to Rancho 4" lift?

Ok right now I have a 2" AS Leveling kit and that's it for suspension mods. I love the stance of the truck, but I'm not so sure as to how the front end components now look with the 2" lift in the front. I'm wondering how much of a difference will a Rancho 4" kit make in ride height...is it literally a 2" increase? I don't want to really go any higher than what my truck is at right now. Does the Rancho kit bring all my front end suspension components back into proper alignment and alleviate some of the stress the leveling kit is putting on them? Where's a good place to get the Rancho kit? If I get the Rancho 4" lift, do I need to change anything else?

And yes I realize there are many people on this site that have run the AS Leveling kits without any problems, but I am looking into all of my options.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a few members have said with a six inch kit you gain about 3 1/2 inches over the AS lift so you should get about 1.5 inches more. the rancho kit will bring all the suspension geomitry back into alignment. as far as changing anything els i dont think there is anything that NEEDs to be changed, tho with 35s you might want to consider regearing.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I probably wouldn't go with 35s....probably 33s...just because I like that size and look. So the Rancho kit comes with EVERYTHING I need? Where's the best place to buy the Rancho kits?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 PM
The Rancho kit gives you exactly 4" of lift in the front and 2" of lift in the back (via removing the stock 2" block and replacing it with a 4" block) making it level. It keeps your angles just like stock. It comes with everything you need except shocks, but most places include them with the package. I got mine off Ebay.

Take a look at my gallery for pictures of the angles, stance, etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm guessing Rancho parts can't be sold individually? I guess what I'm looking for is to get those front components back into OEM alignment without having to spend the money on a full Rancho kit. I guess I could just take off the 2" AS kit in the front and drop the rear to get everything level....

Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Bionik_P
I'm guessing Rancho parts can't be sold individually? I guess what I'm looking for is to get those front components back into OEM alignment without having to spend the money on a full Rancho kit. I guess I could just take off the 2" AS kit in the front and drop the rear to get everything level....
In order to keep stock geometry with any sort of front suspension lift you need to drop the front differential and get longer spindles, which is basically the meat and potatoes of a suspension lift kit. In order to do that, you would have to buy all the pieces in a lift kit anyways.

But yes, you could take out the AS and your rear block to level it out some more.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Copenhagen:

Are there any annoyances or cons for you personally with a 4" lift on your truck? Is your truck a daily driver? What's the ride like with the 4" lift?

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 AM
No, I love it and it's my daily driver. It rides just like stock....maybe even a little better.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Do you go offroading a lot or did you get the lift for the looks and to do the suspension right the first time? Also, if I have decent mechanical skills, could I put this kit on myself....how long does it usually take?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
The Rancho kit gives you exactly 4" of lift in the front and 2" of lift in the back (via removing the stock 2" block and replacing it with a 4" block) making it level. It keeps your angles just like stock. It comes with everything you need except shocks, but most places include them with the package. I got mine off Ebay.

Take a look at my gallery for pictures of the angles, stance, etc.
btw, your ride has a sweet looking stance to it. gotta get mine done ASAP!

Old 03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks RightTurn

I take it off-road when I go hunting, etc, and have had no problems at all. I'm very happy with it. I mostly got it for looks however.

I put the lift on myself so as long as you're somewhat mechanically inclined and have some decent tools, you should be able to tackle the install yourself. It took me about 5 evenings after work doing it by myself on jackstands with hand tools in my garage. Air tools and another person will make it go MUCH quicker.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Damn 5 evenings?.....I can't have the truck out of commission that long....although having access to all the proper tools is an easy thing.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the right tools and a couple buddys you should be able to knock it out in a weekend or so.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bionik_P
Damn 5 evenings?.....I can't have the truck out of commission that long....although having access to all the proper tools is an easy thing.
I had never installed a lift before and was working by myself. Like I said, another person(s) would make life much easier. Otherwise you're looking at $500+ for install labor.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
On a somewhat related, but also different topic....does the Rancho quick lift kit keep the front end components within their proper alignment or is that also stretching them out just like a spacer would?

Quick Reply: 2" Leveling kit to Rancho 4" lift?