fabtech 7.5"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fabtech 7.5"

anyone try this kit? im thinkin i might put off gettin just a leveling kit and body lift and save for this lift kit.

the crossmember kit
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ford_2wd_1.htm

what final price would be
http://www.cartserver.com/sc/cart.cgi

if u have tried it, do u really get the full 7.5" or is it more like 5" and the other 2.5" just level out the front.

i got a 04 heritage ext v6 2wd btw

Last edited by dirty-tuck; 02-21-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the Fabtech is a great kit. Probably the best for your 4x2.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
I dont know if he has 7 lug , but kit I seen was for 7 lug . Just be sure , Boyd

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Its cheaper on 4wheelonline.com

Old 02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by dirty-tuck
anyone try this kit? im thinkin i might put off gettin just a leveling kit and body lift and save for this lift kit.

the crossmember kit
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ford_2wd_1.htm

what final price would be
http://www.cartserver.com/sc/cart.cgi

if u have tried it, do u really get the full 7.5" or is it more like 5" and the other 2.5" just level out the front.

i got a 04 heritage ext v6 2wd btw

where are you located? I've got that same lift kit unused/brand new for sale.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
does it come with EVERYTHING or am i going to have to buy additional parts along with the kit to make my truck work?

i live in thomasville, georgia, do you know where that is? if u drive north from tallahassee its the town right when u hit georgia.

i se that ur from ocala, ive been there a few times for paintball scenarios, so were about 4 hours apart.

only thing is im not gonna be able to buy the kit till about halfway through the summer, im just looking now to learn more and find good prices,
but if for some reason you still have it at that time, ill send u a pm when im ready to buy it.

thanks,
-tuck

Last edited by dirty-tuck; 02-21-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, the kit is the same exact kit you'd be buying online, everything unused. I never got to put it on my truck (it got totaled) and I just bought a lifted supercrew so I don't need it anymore. I've had people email me about the lift but no one has actually gone through with buying it. Shoot me a PM when you get the money and I'll let you know if I still have it.

Trending Topics

Old 02-23-2008, 10:59 PM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

I have been running the 7.5" Fabtech for 4 years now.....great lift I would however use different shocks, the Fabtech's stink!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:23 AM
^^^^^^^
Amazing truck man, i love it!

what engine do you have, i have the v6 and im hearing two different stories. the kit says it doesnt work witht the v6, yet ive read a bunch of people saying to go ahead and do it and that it will work fine, many people have used this kit on the v6 and had no problems. but who am i to believe? fabtech or the people who have done it?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 AM
4wheelonline.com has the cheapest price I found anywhere online. That is where I got mine.

It is a great lift kit and makes the truck look awesome. As for the ride height I would say it is more 5 inch lift with 2.5 to level, except mine sits a tad bit higher in the front than the back, so it may be kinda like 5.5 or 6 in front. The back has a 5 inch block

I have a v6 and I used it. There is nothing that matters with the suspension and your engine size. What the people are talking about is whether or not your engine can handle the extra weight of the lift and 35 inch tires.

I did the lift, 35's and chrome rims. It looks awesome now. However you are going to need to regear your truck. Otherwise your v6 is going to be hurting. I installed mine in oct. and i just got it regeared a few days ago. It definitely brings it back to almost stock feeling. The reason I say almost stock is because I got a bit more weight on my truck.

I would definitely recommend doing the Fabtech kit. Check my gallery for some pictures

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 AM
i like your truck a lot too. those are the wheels i was looking at too, may go with MT classic IIs though. i like th stance of your truck, that is exactly the look im going for. how bad did it kill your v6 before u got it regeared? what was your gas mileage like and how bad did it kill the acceleration and speed.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:40 AM
It was fairly sluggish, but still drivable, i did it for 4 months at least. I'm not positive exactly what my gas mileage was before, but i remember i was getting around 320 mi on about an entire tank so probably around 14.5 and thats normally half city half freeway driving

city/ freeway driving not re geared was normally between 12.5 and 13.

I haven't gone through a whole tank yet re geared, but i will let you know when i do

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
It was fairly sluggish, but still drivable, i did it for 4 months at least. I'm not positive exactly what my gas mileage was before, but i remember i was getting around 320 mi on about an entire tank so probably around 14.5 and thats normally half city half freeway driving

city/ freeway driving not re geared was normally between 12.5 and 13.

I haven't gone through a whole tank yet re geared, but i will let you know when i do
ok thats good, as long i dont have to get it regeared to drive it, ill be able to afford the lift, tires, and wheels this summer (i think) but probably not a set of gears with instalation.

i see from your photo gallery that you installed the lift yourself, how hard was it? ive never done a lift or suspension work on a truck before, but have done mechanical work a lot of different stuff and i think im relatively handy. could a relatively handy guy with a decent to good amount of tools do it, or would i be better off having someone do it for me?

thanks for the info man.

Last edited by dirty-tuck; 02-24-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by dirty-tuck
ok thats good, as long i dont have to get it regeared to drive it, ill be able to afford the lift, tires, and wheels this summer (i think) but probably not a set of gears with instalation.

i see from your photo gallery that you installed the lift yourself, how hard was it? ive never done a lift or suspension work on a truck before, but have done mechanical work a lot of different stuff and i think im relatively handy. could a relatively handy guy with a decent to good amount of tools do it, or would i be better off having someone do it for me?

thanks for the info man.

First off, if you have a v6, I would strongly recommend regearing. I don't think it is that good on your engine to putting that much stress on it, and your truck will be pretty sluggish. The reason I waited to regear was just because I didn't have the time to drop my truck off. It cost me about 500. Really look into this.

As for installing it myself, I did it with my dad's friend who is very handy when it comes to cars. He installed a lift on his own truck and he helped me with alot of the stuff. I'm pretty sure if you are handy you could do it yourself, you just need to follow the directions and be able to know how to take things apart and put them back together again. It will also be a good way to get to know your truck a bit better and have a bit of a feeling of accomplishment on your truck.

The lift was well worth every last penny. Also, I don't think you could fit 35's with just a Body lift and coil spring spacers.

Hope This Helps

Quick Reply: fabtech 7.5"