Leveling Kit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit question

Seems as though the AS leveling kits are pretty popular.
So Im wondering. Are they built better than others or are they popular
because of price?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both. It's pretty hard to make a bad leveling kit. The AS kit is well made at a great price. Great value= popularity.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Both. It's pretty hard to make a bad leveling kit. The AS kit is well made at a great price. Great value= popularity.

I keep hearing (and by hearing I mean reading) bad stuff about the AS kits throughout this forum. Is there any real truth to these or is it just problems that come up and people are quick to blame the leveling kit. I want to put 35's w/20s on my truck and was really close to buying one of these kits, but recent research on here has made me not so sure what I want to do. My local shop had never even heard of the AS kits. Would it be safer to just go with what they use and fork out more $$$$$s?

Sorry for the hijack FX4Screwdude, but Im sure youd like to hear this too.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM

I for one have been running a AS 2.5" kit for 2 years and have had no issues at all. Why spend more $$$ when you can get a AS kit for under $100. It's a great kit. I even had y dealer install mine 2 weeks after I bought my truck new.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Up N Tha Tuchas
I keep hearing (and by hearing I mean reading) bad stuff about the AS kits throughout this forum. Is there any real truth to these or is it just problems that come up and people are quick to blame the leveling kit. I want to put 35's w/20s on my truck and was really close to buying one of these kits, but recent research on here has made me not so sure what I want to do. My local shop had never even heard of the AS kits. Would it be safer to just go with what they use and fork out more $$$$$s?

Sorry for the hijack FX4Screwdude, but Im sure youd like to hear this too.

Where did you find this bad info..everything ive seen so far as been positive for the AS?

Old 02-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Whatever "bad stuff" the Autospring may cause will be the same as any other leveling kit that your shop may be recommending. Anytime you change anything from from the factory there MAY be negative consequences. Basically your balljoints may wear out a little faster and your bigger tires probably have just as big of impact on that as your leveling kit. Just take our recommendation and go with the Autospring. I put mine on when the truck had less than 50 miles on it.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 PM
^x2

Trending Topics

Old 02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Well it sounds like you guys are all pretty happy with the AS kits. Thanks for the reassurance.. Guess this means Ill be buying some new tires/wheels sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit question