Bad Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Vibration

Well i tried searching but couldn't find a real answer...

My steering wheel vibrates all the time...It just started to happen recently. Is this because of the alignment or what?? My back two tires are deff wack out of alignment due to some previous things and have half tread on both wheels...Could this be causing this? Or does it have something to do with the front tires or anythign else? It doesn't matter what speed im at it just always shakes back and forth..

Thx for replies

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could be the tire's need balancing or it could be a worn steering component.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 PM
how would i be able to figure this out? just take it to someplace ro waht?

Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can jack the front end up off the ground and check for play. Grab the tire at the top and bottom and try to move it. If you can, the ball joints are shot. Now grab it by each side and try to move it. If you can, the tie rod ends are shot. If you can feel play by doing this, you have parts that are really, really worn. You can also take it to a shop and have them check. The tie rod ends, idler arm and ball joints are high wear items on our trucks.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
So after the vibration got bad and i heard a bad noise took it to shop. The wheel bearings on one of my wheels was causing the vibration....Thus my left wheel almost fell of again (already happened once while driving, if a few of you remember) the tie rods on both sides are shot too, and the guy said basically my whole front end is shot. So thus spending more money into the truck blackpit...

Thx for reply wandell!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Be careful cause if you are not friends with the owner of the shop they might prey on your wallet? suspension shops know how to nickel and dime people that are not aware of what they are looking for and can tell you its this or that but might just be a wheel balance. get a second opinion then compare but dont say that you know what it is

Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Well i know for sure that the tie rods need to be replaced totally and the wheel bearing. He said it was shaking/you could move the wheel 5 degrees..Which im guessing is bad because the steering wheel vibration and movement was horrible!

Quick Reply: Bad Vibration