99 Front End Issue -- Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Front End Issue -- Need Advice

I have been looking through the forum for awhile now to get a clear answer on the problem I am experiencing. I finally decided to post and hope someone could help.

I am experiencing a clunking in the front wheels while in a slow turn and also a vibration in the passenger wheel at higher speeds. I jacked the truck up to see if there was movement up and down, but there is little to none. I do notice quite a bit of movement side to side like it might be a bad tie rod. The driver side has no movement. Is this normal? Also, when spinning the passenger side wheel off the ground, I hear what sounds to be loose bearings.

Being that a wheel bearing is $250, I would like to be sure what the issue is before I spend the cash. Does it sound like a bearing, tie rod or something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the wheel off yesterday and did a more thorough check. I found that the outer tie rod seems to be shot (alot of movement). I am going to replace it today. Could this be the issue or should I be looking elsewhere?

Quick Reply: 99 Front End Issue -- Need Advice