Alignment troubles.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alignment troubles.....

So I take my pickup to get an alignment because it is drifting to the left. The tech tells me it needs new lower ball joints. I replace the ball joints, and in the process I knowlingly really mess up the alignment with the camber bolts. So this morning I take it in first thing. No problem, they do the alignment.

As I am driving to work, the steering wheel seems to really want to snap to the left and it wants to go to the left. I'm not really sure what to think as the wind is blowing about 40 from the west and I am going south. I drive home and it is doing the same thing with now with no wind. I tell them the problem and they swap front tires. I start to drive home and now I have to hold constant pressure on the left side of the steering wheel to keep it from veering off hard left. I take it back and they put it up on the rack to check it. They say that it's perfect, but that they had a guy sitting in it while they aligned it to make sure. I drove it home and I think they got it right the third time.

Sorry for the long post. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble? I've never had a problem with this particular shop, but these guys kinda have me ticked.
99 F150 4x4 Supercab shortbed

Quick Reply: Alignment troubles.....