Christmas shopping

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas shopping

Now that its close to christmas im starting to shop for my lift. Im pretty sure im going with fabtech and I know im gunna get the dirt logic 2.5" coilovers and ill be getting the rear shocks as well. Im wanting to fit 36 x 15.5 x 20 tires on my truck. what else do i need to order to raise the rear of the truck enough to level the truck and fit these tires with the coilovers cranked?

Old 12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
When you place your order for Fabtech lift tell them you would like the "rear 5 lift block" that should make it so after you crank up your front coil overs it will sit level. So you already find your lift or still shopping for a good price?

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM
i would say a 5" block and 2" AAL if you're crankin the coilovers.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by nooq
Really ? I wouldn't know for sure, that's why I am asking. I own the basic Fabtech lift with the plain jane shocks but i have the 3" rear block and my truck sits pretty darn level. The rear might even be a tad taller then my front. How much lift can the adjustable coilover's get you ? The 5" block would be 2 extra inches (vs. mine) and on top of those you think he will need an AAL ? What 1.5" - 2" ?? I really don't know and plan going this route someday, that is why I am asking. not trying to be sarcastic or anything like that. Thank you

Old 12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
You think i need both? the coilovers only give me about 2" or so more lift correct?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
mercedes, the reason why you are sitting level is because the fabtech stacks there block ontop of the already existing OEM block (this is on 4x4's only, keep in mind 2x4's do not have that OEM block i the rear) which in reality will equals out to a fabtech 5" block. you can get roughly 2"s outta your coilovers with stock UCA's if you were to crank them, this is before ***** starts binding and getting into to severe of angles.

if you were to crank your coilovers and have a 5" block in the rear, you may need to bring up the azz end to get it level. my suggestion would be, do the 5" block, crank the coilovers, and then you can determine if you need to pick up a AAL to bring the rear up level again.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 PM
mercedes, the reason why you are sitting level is because the fabtech stacks there block ontop of the already existing OEM block (this is on 4x4's only, keep in mind 2x4's do not have that OEM block i the rear) which in reality will equals out to a fabtech 5" block. you can get roughly 2"s outta your coilovers with stock UCA's if you were to crank them, this is before ***** starts binding and getting into to severe of angles.

if you were to crank your coilovers and have a 5" block in the rear, you may need to bring up the azz end to get it level. my suggestion would be, do the 5" block, crank the coilovers, and then you can determine if you need to pick up a AAL to bring the rear up level again.
ok thanks

Old 12-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
When you place your order for Fabtech lift tell them you would like the "rear 5 lift block" that should make it so after you crank up your front coil overs it will sit level. So you already find your lift or still shopping for a good price?
no i havent found the place im going to buy my lift from yet, any recommendations would be great.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally Posted by Seth19
no i havent found the place im going to buy my lift from yet, any recommendations would be great.
i have always found my best deals at www.suspensionconnection.com

talk to them...they will match or beat anyone's price.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM

Just an FYI : i did my own install and definately did not stack my factory block with the Fabtech 3" block. The only lift in the rear I have is from the Fabtech supplied 3" block. That is why they offer the 5" block... its to go along with the Dirt Logic Coilover's. Just an FYI

Also best price with no questions asked is Josh over at Sportztrailers.com. Tell him you are a member of this site (so is he, plus I like talking to someone else who actually owns one of our kinda trucks... not some ricer selling our stuff). I got my lift (for a 4x4) delivered for like $1300 - $1400 . His number is 1-866-922-0093 ext 106 and his member name is Crash Luck13 (or something similiar)

Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
The Fabtech kit with the DL coilovers is a great kit you wont regret it. I have mine cranked up about two inches with the 5" block in the back, and the rear sits a little lower than the front. I have a 2" AAL on the way but I don't even know if I want to put it on because I don't want the back to be higher...guess I'll have to stop being lazy and get some measurements. I ordered my kit and also my wheels from Josh (he is a member here..crash lucky 13 I believe) at Sportztrailers. Give him a call at 866-922-0093 and let him know you're a member here. He will hook you up with a good deal.

Last edited by 4x4LariatMan; 12-18-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for yalls help. I got the lift ordered, but ive changed my mind on tires. I think 15.5 is a little too wide for my taste. So, Im looking at the Pro Comp Xtreme Mud terrain or the Pro Comp Xterrain right this second. I go muddin about every weekend, and need a tire that can go through very soft, slippery mud. Im not sure how the two above tires fair in the mud, but if anyone has any suggestions on a good tire let me know. I dont really want toyo or nitto though, everyone has them.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 AM
I am running the Pro Comp Extreme Mud terrain and love em. They do purty drn good so far in the gunk Ive put em through. They do great off-road and have a nice hum going down the highway. Although I have never owned a set but have heard the exterrain's don't last all too long compared to the extreme muds and other M/T's. Both tires look GREAT in person IMO.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:46 AM
will i need extended brake lines if i crank the coilovers and put in a 5" block sittin on 37's? and can i get a link to a place where i can buy the 5" block with the correct sized U bolts.

Last edited by Seth19; 12-25-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 AM
also, yall said you didnt stack the factory 2' block ontop of the fabtech 3" block. wouldnt that make the rear alot lower than the front? Ive looked at the fords at the ford dealership(with the pro comp lift) and they have both a 2" block and a 3" block in the rear and they sit level. I know its not good to stack but i was just wondering if fabtech considers that when sending the parts.

Quick Reply: Christmas shopping