New non-keyed torsion bar levelling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New non-keyed torsion bar levelling kit?

Anyone heard of such a beast?
I was at Kal Tire today and they mentioned they would be carrying this levelling kit for torsion bar front susp. rigs, no keys, just a bracket??

Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
why buy any kit and waste money when you can turn up your torsion bars yourself and just get an alighnment? ive never heard of anything like you speak of and any "leveling" key is a waste of money. your factory ones will level out your truck fine. different keys will give you more lift on top of that but will just give you horrible angles and put stress on suspension parts

Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Adam06FX4
any "leveling" key is a waste of money. your factory ones will level out your truck fine. different keys will give you more lift on top of that but will just give you horrible angles and put stress on suspension parts
Agreed.

I bought aftermarket keys and gained 3" of lift, however I had to replace my CV axles twice in a year.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. I just don't see a need for it.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I agree, the keys are a waste of money. However, i was getting an alignment at KalTire after cranking my bolts up a bit, and the counter guy piped up about the keys and how great they are, Had to give him a lesson on torsion bar physics After he saw the light, he went on about this "new" type of front end leveling kit for the tosion bar's F-150's. I certainly haven't heard of anything, and he was a bit light on details, so maybe he was just dazed and confused eh?

Quick Reply: New non-keyed torsion bar levelling kit?