Spacers W/ Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacers W/ Lift

Was wondering from the guys that have done it how their trucks are holding up with the spacers on top of the 6"lift. I know this puts the ball joints, and cv's at a bad angle but i only drive my truck like 5K a year so i figured what the hell. I have the spacers laying in my garage all i would need to do is buy an AAL. Which brings me to my next question which brand of AAL are you guys running and where did you get it.

Thanks...

Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
i havent done it myself but i've hurd of alot of people doin it... i dont think it puts it at a bad enough angle to really mess anything up...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Can AAL be used with all new springs or just blocks. My lift raised the rear using all new leaf packs and retained the factory blocks. just wondering if i can still use an AAL with that setup.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I posed the same question, and the consensus was that anything over a 2" spacer does put a harsh angle on you axel and tie rod ends. I just recieved the AutoSpring 2" spacer ($89 bucks on ebay) and am currently looking for some fabtech 5" blocks to jack up the rear of my truck. U can put an AAL on your springs, but your ride will be stiffened a bit, but you will also gain more tougne weight compasity for towning. I also ordered Dirt Logic rear shocks, so hopefully between the 5" blocks and new shocks, my ride won't be affected to much. There are many other more knowledgable people on here than me, i am sure they will chime in too.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
My truck has had a spacer on top of the 6" for 10,000 miles with no problems, And i know a guy with and identical setup as mine that drove it 35,000 miles with the spacer on top and had no problems. Seems to be problems may occur way down the road with high mileage, as is the case with any leveling kit, wether it be on top of a lift or just by itself. If your not gonna be beating your truck up or using 4WD a lot i say go for it........But i garuntee you there are gonna be lots that disagree, mostly guys with 8" lifts will chime in and tell you how much better THEIR kits are and how bad yours is with your angles and what not

Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I also have spacers on top of a six inch lift. I have had no problems at all. If you think that putting spacers in would hurt it, it is no more angles than spacers on a stock truck. Everything is brought down six inches so it is the same putting it on a lifted truck as a stock truck.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
aftermarket leaves are usually the same width as OEM leaf packs. so an AAL can be used. i have 1 for sale BTW. inooqz@hotmail.com

Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I have an 8" rize with a 2.5" TGC leveling spacer and it had to come off. It was binding up so bad it sounded like a pop can on your bike tire as you were a kid again. I was hoping it wouldnt hurt me that bad but it did. I dont know if I tryed the 1.5" or the 2" spacer if it would still do it or not. It vibrates terrible at 10 mile an hr in 4WD.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Mine was fine but things would not last long IMO. It's pretty bad IMO (pics in my gallery) maybe a 2" would have been better. I got almost 3" of lift when I added my 2.5" spacer on top of the 6" lift. Had a 2" pro comp AAL and was still about a 1 1/2" lower in the rear with 5' blocks.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
So do you think i should go with bigger blocks or just do an AAL to achieve the 2" in the rear, my front spacers are only 2" + when i did have them on before the lift they were no where near as bad as yours. Currently i am running stock blocks with 4" skyjacker springs.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by NWAF-150
So do you think i should go with bigger blocks or just do an AAL to achieve the 2" in the rear, my front spacers are only 2" + when i did have them on before the lift they were no where near as bad as yours. Currently i am running stock blocks with 4" skyjacker springs.
I got the 5" block with my lift. You may be ok with 4" blocks and a 2" AAL.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
bwd
Originally Posted by Mark Mayes
I have an 8" rize with a 2.5" TGC leveling spacer and it had to come off. It was binding up so bad it sounded like a pop can on your bike tire as you were a kid again. I was hoping it wouldnt hurt me that bad but it did. I dont know if I tryed the 1.5" or the 2" spacer if it would still do it or not. It vibrates terrible at 10 mile an hr in 4WD.
its not the level kit that makes you vibrate its your front drive shaft that needs to be done

Quick Reply: Spacers W/ Lift