Wheel alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel alignment help

Hello To everyone, Iam a new member,first time here
my question is I have a 05 f-150 supercrew 4x2 I just had a friend install a skyjacker leveling kit on it. turned out great we both suggested that I shoulg go and get a wheel alignment or at least get it checked so I did, The tech at NTB told me it is not bad but he could not adjust the toe because I have to get new front camber/caster cam bolt kits needless to say I told him I would get back to him because they were telling me the part were 164.00 per kit,does anyone know about these bolt kits? should I replace them? do I need to replace them? where can I get them? the kit has got to be cheaper than 164.00 per kit

Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Devider440
Hello To everyone, Iam a new member,first time here
my question is I have a 05 f-150 supercrew 4x2 I just had a friend install a skyjacker leveling kit on it. turned out great we both suggested that I shoulg go and get a wheel alignment or at least get it checked so I did, The tech at NTB told me it is not bad but he could not adjust the toe because I have to get new front camber/caster cam bolt kits needless to say I told him I would get back to him because they were telling me the part were 164.00 per kit,does anyone know about these bolt kits? should I replace them? do I need to replace them? where can I get them? the kit has got to be cheaper than 164.00 per kit
ive have never heard of that problem.. i would of just told him to align the damn thing.. haha then again thats just me.

coach: "doc, can he play?"
doctor: "...hes in a coma"
coach: "ok.. so.. can he play?"

Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Cool You need the kits

The 05 F-150 (p221) is aligned at the assembly plant prior to the truck even hitting the ground. The cam bolts allow for in service alignment at the lower control arms. $164 sounds high for 4 cam bolts and nuts. Did you check the cost at the Ford dealer?
In any case you have to have the alignment cam bolts. Some will try to align with straps, don't waist your time. Buy the kit.

Good luck

Old 12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
im confused....he does NOT need them to adjust toe. those bolts allow for camber/caster adjustment.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm confused also. If I read your post correctly, the shop is saying they can't adjust your toe because you need and adjustable camber kit. I'm not sure about the price on the 04-08's, but cam bolts for my truck are about $40.00 at most parts stores.

Quick Reply: Wheel alignment help