FabTech install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FabTech install question

I did a search and got quite the mix of answers... they were all old posts so i thought I'd ask again: I am about to do the install, its says to re-clock my front drive shaft and then I have to have it re-balanced? Some guys are saying they didn't do this and had no problems? Still the case?

I plan to do this (since instructions say to) but just looking for some input? I also read somewhere a guy recommends having your front driveshaft lengthend (spelling?) ? Should I? I do plan on the coil spacer and maybe some 37's but that is a way down the road.

Last one: I have read about people getting stuck on their brake line and it being too short? I heard this was the case with the earlier built 04's? Does anyone know the cut off dates for this? I would like to know if i need the longer lines or not ? Thanks a lot guys !!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, do your driveshaft. If not you'll feel the reason why you should in 4wd.

Don't see a reason for a longer shaft with just a 6" lift. I have no issues, even with the spacer.

The driver side brake line is a *itch (at least mine was) you just have to take your time and keep un-bending the factory bends. The best thing you could do is get a set of SS lines and you wouldn't have this headache to deal with.

I installed my by myself in my carport. It was so much fun...

Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM
thanks a lot djh. Ya i was using your gallery to get some pics. In a carport like that? i give you some props! I guess i am spoiled owning a garage and all. So a longer drive shaft isn't needed? your set-up is pretty similiar to what i want mine... you ever take your truck to some "off-camber" situation? still no need for the longer shaft? and where would i find a set of SS lines? Thanks for the quick reply

Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I guess i am spoiled owning a garage and all.
wanna install my fabtech lift in your garage when i do it??

Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
wanna install my fabtech lift in your garage when i do it??
I see your in Davis... you'd be willing to travel? its isn't too far. My shop is in San Rafael, right by the 101 and the 580 ramps. Before I agree to do it, let me do my install, if it aint too hard (which it doesn't look to be) I would be more than willing to help u out. Which Fabtech you going with mSal? The basic or the performance (with DL) ?

Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I see your in Davis... you'd be willing to travel? its isn't too far. My shop is in San Rafael, right by the 101 and the 580 ramps. Before I agree to do it, let me do my install, if it aint too hard (which it doesn't look to be) I would be more than willing to help u out. Which Fabtech you going with mSal? The basic or the performance (with DL) ?
Basic with rear DL reservoirs.

Im at college in Davis, i live near Palo Alto at home though. And yes id be willing to make the 1 hour drive to save some cash, definitely. It probalyly wouldn't be happening until later in the holiday season, but if your install goes well, that would be SWEET if we could do the install at your place

Last edited by mSaLL150; 11-15-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
For sure, like I said, let me see what kinda of PITA this will be and then I will let you know. And later into the holiday season would be perfect (shop tends to slow down) but I will be gone to Vegas dec 26-Jan 2 ( UFC fight Dec 29 and then I will stay for new years) So before or after. Once you line up your gear send me an e-mail at Euroauto@sonic.net to let me know whats up.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:42 PM

sweet, i look forward to hearing how yours went.

Quick Reply: FabTech install question