F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension-28/)
-   -   6" lift (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/308746-6-lift.html)

Russ47 11-14-2007 11:45 PM

6" lift

anyone lifted there 04+ 4x4's 6" and put 36" tires under them with no BIG problems?

thanks,
Russ

wandell 11-15-2007 12:49 PM

A lot of members here are running 35 inch tires with a 6 inch lift.

Russ47 11-15-2007 04:46 PM

i know that but i wanna be different lol

MercedesTech 11-15-2007 05:11 PM

LOL... right on, most of us want to be somewhat different , hence the thousands we spend on mods! Looking at these trucks... i think you would be able to squeeze some 36's under there, but you probably would have to do some trimmnig, at least up on the front valance. I just went with 35's. Install starts tonight :rocker: Good luck bud

Russ47 11-15-2007 06:26 PM

thanks mercedes :thumbsup:
and good luck to you too :thumbsup:
i wanna be the 1st to see pics lol

thorherc67 11-15-2007 06:32 PM

yeah you can get 36's if you crank the coilovers or put a spacer up front with the 6 inch lift...
I am doing the exact same thing in about a month i just have to order it

Russ47 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

why would u need a spacer? i thought u only needed a spacer to fit 37's?

thorherc67 11-15-2007 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Russ47
why would u need a spacer? i thought u only needed a spacer to fit 37's?

if you have a 2wd drive (like myself) you would but if you have a 4wd you don't :thumbsup:

just be sure to get some wheels with the correct backspacing

Russ47 11-15-2007 08:31 PM

ok good lol
ive got an 07 Xlt Scab 4x4 w/ the 5.4 V8 and 3.73 LS gears so i think they should fit fine and look damn good :thumbsup: lol

thorherc67 11-15-2007 08:34 PM

yeah that will look good.. are you lookin at the 36 iroks??

Russ47 11-15-2007 08:41 PM

yes i am :thumbsup:
you know anything about them?

thorherc67 11-15-2007 09:04 PM

um i know that you are probably going to get around 25000 miles off of them and that they are pretty loud.. i am getting them with the 20 inch rims and the member nooq has them and they look damn good

Russ47 11-15-2007 09:11 PM

nooq's truck is nice and i love the way the tires look on his truck :thumbsup:

thorherc67 11-15-2007 09:29 PM

Yeah me too i love it what lift kit are you looking at getting??

Russ47 11-15-2007 09:32 PM

fabtech basic :thumbsup:
how about you?

thorherc67 11-15-2007 09:47 PM

I got a good price on the fabtech with coil-overs in the front so i am getting that and keeping my leveling kit on and there is a member on here that is selling his rear fox resivoir shocks so i might get those don't know yet. What wheels you lookin at getting

Russ47 11-15-2007 09:49 PM

havnt decided on wheels yet :o
what wheels you lookin at?
and what price did you get? if u dont mind me asking :thumbsup:

thorherc67 11-15-2007 09:54 PM

havnt decided on wheels yet :o
what wheels you lookin at?
and what price did you get? if u dont mind me asking :thumbsup:

i got it for $1685 shipped :thumbsup: and i am getting panther realm rims 20x9's i got a good price on those too $804 for all 4 rims and $809 for all 4 tires 36x13.50r20 from discount :thumbsup:

my price shopping really payed off and i am installing myself so i am saving a TON of money

Russ47 11-15-2007 09:56 PM

where'd u get the lift from? :eek:

thorherc67 11-15-2007 10:00 PM

That guy josh from sportztrailers.com but remember i have the 2wd lift but i am sure that he can get you a good deal on that too. i have his email if you want it??

Russ47 11-15-2007 10:02 PM

sweet! what is it?

thorherc67 11-15-2007 10:04 PM

josh@sportztrailers.com
he will get you an amazing deal just tell him that you are an f-150 online member :thumbsup:

Russ47 11-15-2007 10:09 PM

thank you soooo much :thumbsup:
btw where did you say you got your tires and wheels from?
and how do you like your exhaust?

thorherc67 11-15-2007 10:16 PM

I got my qoute for tires and rims from discount tire. I can scan it and email it to you if you would like. Then you could probably take it to a discount tire near you and they will match it i would guess :confused:

but my exhaust :) i LOVE it it make an nice rumble when it is sitting there and while you are cruising it dies down a little bit but i like that and when you floor it, it sounds AMAZING, The only downside is on the highway with the windows up and the radio off there is a drown but i got used to it and my radio is rarly off, although it is annoying the first day you get used to it :lol:

Russ47 11-15-2007 10:37 PM

The only downside is on the highway with the windows up and the radio off there is a drown but i got used to it and my radio is rarly off, although it is annoying the first day you get used to it :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha nice! yea im in the market for an exhaust and i was gonna go banks or flowmaster 44 :thumbsup:

thorherc67 11-15-2007 10:44 PM

I would go with banks personally its a little bit different all my friends have flows with the dual pipes and 4 inch tips, i swear there are about 5 or 6 guys that have this and i just wanted something different lol so i went with this and the installation is VERY VERY easy i did it in about 35-45 minutes i used air tools but could be done with simple hand tools easily.. I also like the fact that it has a 3 inch pipe rather than a stock sized pipe like most flows have.. i don't know i guess to me its just that if you are going to do exhaust you should do something that will improve your performance

Russ47 11-15-2007 10:49 PM

that saying " i just want somethin different" keeps poppin up all over the place in this thread lol
yea i totally agree with you on that :thumbsup:

thorherc67 11-15-2007 10:53 PM

haha yeah thats true thats why i went with the exhaust and thats why i am getting the rims and tires i am getting.

Russ47 11-15-2007 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by thorherc67
haha yeah thats true thats why i went with the exhaust and thats why i am getting the rims and tires i am getting.

i saw your wheels on google and they are definetely different lol
as far as tires when I save up the $$$ im sooo doing a fabtech 6" with some 36" iroks :thumbsup: but im only 16 so my $$$ just doesnt pour in lol

thorherc67 11-15-2007 11:00 PM

yeah man i hear ya i am just about to turn 18 so i dont have a ton of money either but the parents are helping out a little and also do you think the rims look okay LOl?? just someone elses opinion would be nice lol i saw them on a f-250 and liked them and they have the backspacing i need.

Russ47 11-15-2007 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by thorherc67
yeah man i hear ya i am just about to turn 18 so i dont have a ton of money either but the parents are helping out a little and also do you think the rims look okay LOl?? just someone elses opinion would be nice lol i saw them on a f-250 and liked them and they have the backspacing i need.

there nice just different lol

thorherc67 11-15-2007 11:43 PM

there nice just different lol

hahah well i like them so i guess thats all that matters.. well i gotta go write a research paper that is due tomorrow and i am trying to BS it but i have to get 4 pages so i need to get off this site or i will never finish it lol

MercedesTech 11-16-2007 12:22 PM

Russ, call up Josh at Sportztrailers. The guy is awesome and really helps ya out. If I were you i would order my wheels and tires from him, he can hook ya up on those as well. Call him at 1-866-922-0093 ext 106. Thats his direct line. Not sure where you are at but I got my fabtech lift for a 4wd for under 1600! Also got an awesome deal on my tire and wheel combo. Check out my gallery for some pics.

Russ47 11-16-2007 02:55 PM

thanks mercedes :thumbsup:
I'm in bradenton/sarasota, florida

Fifty150 11-17-2007 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech

I got my fabtech lift for a 4wd for under 1600!

I have spec'd out the following for my 2007 4.2L V6 2WD:
  • Fabtech FTS22013BK 6"" Box1 Ford F150 2Wd "
  • Fabtech FTS22014BK 6" Performance Lift Kit For Select 2-Wheel Drive Ford F150 Trucks
  • Fabtech FTS7333 Performance Shock Fts7333
Is this all that I'll need?

I'm looking at $1375.95 for the Fabtech. Is that a good price for the 2 wheel drive kit?

There is a guy in Modesto that is selling, via eBay, a Pro Comp 6" lift for $1288.

How does the Fabtech compare against the Pro Comp?

I know that you're doing your own installation. Do you know any reputable shops in the local Bay Area to handle a job like this? I don't want to just drop off my truck at some corner mom & pop oil changer, and then later come to find out that they did more harm than good.

Can I install the kit and run my OEM wheels & tires?

MercedesTech 11-19-2007 11:42 AM

You can run OEM wheels but you gotta keep the stock tires on the wheels. fabtech is just a way better hit (IMO) than pro-comp. Procomp is a fine kit for strictly street driving (just wanting to look taller). Fabtech can take some more abuse it seems. Ya, it looks like your getting all you need. Make sure you are getting all four shocks (some places only set a pair in the kit). A good place to get it done? That I can't help you with. I do mostly all my own work and don't even know of any real good 4x4 shops. You might wana try Les Schwab? i think you have to buy the kit through them (more expensive) but then you get their warranty. I MIGHT be able to help you out, gotta see what my schedule is like and I might be willing to help out another F150oline-er. Where abouts in the Bay area do ya live? I live up in santa rosa/Rohnert park area... my shops down in San Rafael.

mSaLL150 11-19-2007 01:42 PM

4WheelParts in San Jose does lift installs and they are a good group of people, they know what they are doing. I prefer to find friends to help me though, save money :)

MercedesTech 11-19-2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
4WheelParts in San Jose does lift installs and they are a good group of people, they know what they are doing. I prefer to find friends to help me though, save money :)

:thumbsup: x2 :beers:

Fifty150 11-20-2007 12:28 AM

MercedesTech,

It would always be cool to meet another member of this forum here. Especially one who is more knowledgeable than I. I am in San Francisco, so the North Bay isn't much of a drive for me. Who knows? Even if you can't help me out with this issue, there are always other projects for me down the line. Some more immediate than others.

The lift kit I can wait on. No real reason for me, living in SF, to lift my 2WD other than vanity.

My next project is to seek out a shop to change out my OEM fluids to Royal Purple. I've got the motor oil, ATF, & gear oil. Now I've just got to find a shop to do it. If you can think of anyone who can do the fluid change, let me know. I already have the Max ATF & 75W140 gear oil. Probably an engine oil change also. I have the Royal Purple 5W20 & a K&N oil filter. So it's basically just about an hour or less of simple labor (open drain plugs & refilling) & disposal of OEM fluids. Yeah, I should just do it myself, but I live on a hill and I can't get the truck in my little San Francisco garage. I don't even have a large enough container to catch the 4 quarts of gear oil & 6 quarts of motor oil, not to mention the other 14 quarts of ATF. Then I would have to deal with disposing of 6 gallons of hazardous materials too. You know anyone reputable? Do you want to do the work?

I'm a little leery of the folks at 4wheelparts.com. For my leveling kit, add-a-leaf, install labor, and wheel alignment: the first quote that I got was way high. Then another sales guy got me on the phone and I told him that I didn't want to buy from them because their prices were too high. Without much effort, he offered me the same package, but for $200 less. I went ahead and bought the package from them because it would have been a lot more of a pain to order the parts online, then look for a shop to do the installation, and then get an alignment from the Ford dealership. It's just like the salesmen at the car dealership. It makes it hard to trust people who can seemingly charge you whatever they want until you speak up about it. This was at their Oakland store. Yeah, they were a real nice bunch of guys too. But being nice doesn't mean that they're giving you a fair deal though. Aren't car salesmen nice too?

Perhaps, if you can make it into The City, you can stop in at my gym for a workout. We have free weights, cardio, pulley cable weight machines, plenty of mats to roll on, striking equipment, Thai bags, & a ring + timer. Let me know. It's always refreshing to cross train with people from different backgrounds. And beginning early next year, one of my guys is setting up his home for private sessions. Too bad we can't set up a ring or cage in his living room.

John Cusak as Lloyd Dobbler, in "Say Anything":
"Kick-Boxing, The Sport of the Future"

MercedesTech 11-20-2007 12:17 PM

FIFTY,
Sounds to me like you got quite the training set-up. Thats awesome. As for being able to change your fluids, I am sure i can help ya out with that. I could do it all except the tranny. I don't have th right tools to do a full flush on our tranny's... so we would have to bring it to another local shop that could help out. Just let me know whne ya wana do it, and i will see when i can.
P.S. Camping wheeling trip this weekend. ANy f150 is always invited. Looks like we are either goin to Lake Pillsberry or Eagle Lakes. Just fyi... the more the better