Are Cams needed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are Cams needed?

So I have called a couple stores and asked about alignment after installing lift spindles. They claim that a cam it is needed to properly align. I don't know much about this, but i thought you only needed a cam kit if you were chaning around the stuff with the control arm and coils? Are they just trying to sell me something more?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. I've never seen a post here or at FTW where someone had difficulty aligning a 4x2 after installing lift spindles.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Ive put spindles on a few trucks that needed cams to get the camber back into spec and then a few that had enough in the cams to get it aligned. It depends on the brand of spindle. Some are desinged better than others. Cams are cheap and easy to install plus your guaranteed to get it aligned correctly.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
cambers

Originally Posted by EBROTEN
Ive put spindles on a few trucks that needed cams to get the camber back into spec and then a few that had enough in the cams to get it aligned. It depends on the brand of spindle. Some are desinged better than others. Cams are cheap and easy to install plus your guaranteed to get it aligned correctly.
I just got back for a shop, they said my F-150 99' 2 wheel, needs new cambers. The price was $235 with alignment, they also said I couldn't do them myself. Can you steer me in the right direction. It has only 42,000 city driving. Thanks

Quick Reply: Are Cams needed?