Axle off center???? 07

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle off center???? 07

Just purcchased new 07 sc 4x4 last week. Had new 255/75/17 bfg muds put on yesterday and noticed today that I see a good bit more tread on the passenger side rear than the drivers side. Did not have a straight edge long enough to run from the fenders to the ground to check that way. To make sure I was not seeing things I had another guy look and he confirmed what I saw. Looked underneath and did not notice any markings that would show where it would have shifted from, but it does only have 900 miles on it.

Has anyone had this happen before? Could it have been assembled incorrectly? Will the dealer give me a bunch of garbage because I switched to a mud tire? The thing that might realy get me upset is if the dealer agrees something is wrong and they make me leave a one week old truck with them a few days. Man I hope this is not going to be a fiasco.

Thanks for any insight anyone can share! Not feeling good about trading in my tundra all of the sudden, but it did have the whole ball joint recall issue!

Quick Reply: Axle off center???? 07