AS 2" vs. BIlstein 5100 vs. Rancho

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS 2" vs. BIlstein 5100 vs. Rancho

I noticed two ads in Four Wheeler magazine this month. One was for the Bilstein 5100 series adjustable shocks and the other was for a new Rancho Quicklift system that looks to be a new shock with spring.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with either of these kits and/or how do they compare to the AS 2" lift kit.

Which would give me the closest to factory ride and leave the front suspension angles at an acceptable area?

I was thinking of doing an AS 2" and putting a new set of Bilsteins on. But after seeing the ad I wonder if I would be better and cheaper to do the adjustable bilsteins and not have to buy the AS. And then I saw the ad for the new Rancho system!

Anyone who can help, I thank you b/c I really know nothing about suspensions other than, you don't want bad angles b/c of wear. Heck, I don't even know what angles the mean!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The AS will retain a stock ride, because everthing is stock. With the replacement shocks, the ride will change, probably for the better. Both will have the same affect on balljoint and CV joint angles. You cannot combine the two for more lift.

Quick Reply: AS 2" vs. BIlstein 5100 vs. Rancho