installed a AS 2" front lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed a AS 2" front lift

Hello

I have an 06 super cab 4x4. Yesterday I installed the 2" kit and had Bridgestone Dueler Revos 285/70/17 put on. I like the look, the truck looks alot better.

The AS 2" kit install went well with one exception. I bought a 30mm socket per the instructions to remove the nut from the bolt in the lower end of the strut. I had all the needed tools except this socket so I went to Sears and got one.

Once home I jacked the truck up, took the tire off, etc. and when I went to use the 30mm socket It would not work. I needed a deep well 30mm socket instead. After putting everything back together I drove to several stores but could not find a deep well 30mm socket. Matter of fact most stores did not have a 30mm socket of any kind. I was getting pretty discouraged.

The tire dealer wanted 200.00 dollars to install the kit and I wanted to avoid paying that much if possible.

I finally found a socket at Advance Auto Parts. The socket I bought from Advance was packaged as an axle nut heavy duty socket and was not with their regular sockets and tools.

Hopefully this info will save anyone planning on installing one of these kits, some trouble.

Sim

Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought my deepwell 30mm socket on ebay the same day I bought my 2" AS on ebay.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Congrats,

when you get a chance post some before and after pics.Does the front sit higher than the rear?How much did you actually gain?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Hello,

I was not smart enough to realize that the 30mm socket needed to be a deep well before hand. I had to wait until I was in the middle of trying to install the kit to figure this out. I will try to get some pics when I can get the camera from my wife, but no promises.

I did measure my truck a few weeks before the kit was installed but did not write it down and can not remember for sure enough to say the exact amount. I think the front was lower by 2.5 to 3". Now the truck appears to sit pretty level and from top of tire to fender the front measures .5" lower than the rear.

As a result of the new tires and the leveling kit the truck is noticably higher in appearance and when getting in and out.

Sim

Quick Reply: installed a AS 2" front lift