quick question about aal

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question about aal

So when I bought my truck 07 scab, I made sure to get one with the added weight package, (cant remember the letters, gvrw, gvwr???) anywho, what i need to know is can I still put an aal back there or not.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Any vehicle with leaf springs can always have an extra leaf added to it (unless it's a composite spring before someone gets technical on me)

Old 06-09-2007, 03:25 PM
It's GVWR and it stands for Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. What it means is the total amount of weight (including the weight of the vehicle and passengers and whatever you put in the back) the truck is designed to haul.

Yes, you can add a leaf. What you will have with the GVWR (insert your number here) package is basically a factory add a leaf that supports the regular leafs when you load the bed with weight. Most after market kits have a bit of bend in them where the factory unit is fairly straight. This means the after market units will typically increase your ride height.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just make sure when you order the AAL they know how many leafs you have, If you have 2 leafs, the AAL is different than if you have 3, see my other post in the aftermarket suspension forum

Quick Reply: quick question about aal