Rancho Leveling kit really bouncey

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho Leveling kit really bouncey

I recently baught a '04 F150 crewcab, 4x4, 5.4L. The front end has a what I thought were the coilovers to their lift kit, but after a customer service call, found out it was their "leveling kit". It consists of a adjustable coilover shock with an adjustable collar on the shock for the spring. Currently, the collar is all the way at the bottom of the shock, which the tech guy from rancho said is "stock ride height". I'm not sure I believe that because my upper ball joints look pretty maxed out, maybe not maxxed but at least somewhat there, but the truck does nose down. He also said that about 1/2 up should level the truck. The ride is incredibly BOUNCEY so I started adjusting the shock (from 1-9) Over normal road bumps, pot holes, the truck preforms great, but normal driving down the road, it bounces all over the place. I've spent a few days on each setting and right now it's on 1, which is by far the smoothest setting that I've found... if I could go to 0 or -1 I would.

Does anyone else have this kit??
How does your truck ride??
What setting are your shocks at and where is the spring collar adjusted to on the shock??

I'm wondering if I turn the collar to 1/2 way up if it will get rid of my bounceyness. But also, I'm not sure my ball joints can take any more angle. Where can I get the collar adjusted?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I think that I'm going to toss the rancho leveling kit, try to find some factory coilovers and get the 2" AS. The only thing that I'm still not to keen on is the fact that the a-arms are still at an extreme angle.
Another thought I had was to go and get the superlift 4.5" lift so that my a-arms arm back to factory settings. I don't really want to go bigger in tires and loose towing capabilities and end up having to regear. Right now, I'm running 265/70R18's which works out to 32.6".

Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Suspended
I'd get the adjustable 5100 Bilsteins, I've got them and love them! The only option to get stock angles is to get a crossmember style lift.

I had the Rancho shocks on my 2004 F-150 equipped with their 4 inch kit. I hated them. Its a night and day difference between those and my Bilstein 5100s.

Quick Reply: Rancho Leveling kit really bouncey