alignment ofter lift.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment ofter lift.....

So this weekend during the monsoon here in Houston I installed the PA 3" body lift and Fabtech 7.5" suspension lift....what a nightmare the weather pulled on me, but we did get it done. Question is I know the front aligment is WAY out of wack but when driving down the road the truck crabs to the passenger side???? Will the front end alignment correct this? This thing is 3" out of wack ! Is there any rear adjustment???

runngt

Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM
The alignment should correct it.......note I said should.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I got the alignment done yesterday, still has the "dog leg" driving down the road. I know I am not the first to have this problem after installing a lift, I am looking for any help you guys can give me. The truck has never been in a accident, drove straight before the lift.....?? I did a quick measurement yesterday as I was pressed for time, but the driver tire (at the rear of the tire) was 1/4" further from the frame than the passenger tire. This seems to be multiplied back to front because when I follow behind the truck I can see down the drivers side and 3" of the front tire outside the rear. I am at a total loss here…. The only shop I found that could align with 35" tires was NTB, their "four wheel alignment" only applies to the front of a truck. The tech told me they do not mess with the rear end. So now the front is aligned to the rear that is "out of square".

runngt

Old 06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
What you need to do is find an alignment shop that can set tracking. Do a simple measurement from a point on the frame (the same on both sides) to the rear axle. If it is within 1/4 inch it's not worth messing with. You may be able to shift the rear end with 2 cable pullers, one on the front of the long side, the other on the back of the short side and tighten. If needed a thrust plate can be installed (available from specialty products)

Quick Reply: alignment ofter lift.....