Can someone explain my alignment result to me? :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain my alignment result to me? :(

Just installed a 2.5 AS over the weekend on my '05 SCREW.... which looks very sharp IMO

I got the alignment done a few mins ago and I'm trying to understand the results.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
It says that it's fixed

Sorry I can't offer any help...I wasn't sure what all those numbers meant when I had mine done either :o

Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I understand that the front right & left toe were off by 0.55... and since it was postive, my front tires were "pigeon toed".

What did the mechanic adjust to correct it? Is 0.55 difference typical from adding the 2.5 AS?

I guess I should have asked more ?s from the mechanic... and get my full $69.99's worth.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by titansu
Well, I understand that the front right & left toe were off by 0.55... and since it was postive, my front tires were "pigeon toed".

What did the mechanic adjust to correct it? Is 0.55 difference typical from adding the 2.5 AS?

I guess I should have asked more ?s from the mechanic... and get my full $69.99's worth.
Yes, I've heard that the AS puts the "toe in" or whatever. I think it may have even said that in the instructions. I used to have the AS too.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but here is a thread where a bunch of guys said their "toe in" was adjusted too:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ight=alignment

Last edited by Copenhagen848; 04-16-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I believe the toe is all that can be changed, but I could be wrong. From what I've read, the caster and camber aren't adjustable or usually aren't adjusted (if they can be) when you have an alignment done. If it makes you feel better, my results were the same as yours after I had my AS 2.5" installed.

Caster has to do with the angle of the pivet line, top to bottom. An imaginary line drawn through the center of the upper ball joint through the center of the lower ball joint.

Camber is the angle of the wheel along the y axis. If the top of the tire angles in towards the car, the camber is said to be negative, if the bottom is angled in towards the car, the camber is said to be positive.

Toe is the angle of your wheels along the x axis. Positive toe is when the front of the wheel points in, negative is when the front points out.

I'm sure someone else can explain this better.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
ive been doing alignments for 15 years.the specs on your truck are perfect.in
texas though i would have made total cross caster -0.5 due crown of road.
you can adjust caster/camber by moving lower control arm in or out without
having to add ADJUSTERS.So dont agree to buy them if they ask.only old body style needs adjusters.

Quick Reply: Can someone explain my alignment result to me? :(