Which suspension lift for a 04 fx4 (NBS)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which suspension lift for a 04 fx4 (NBS)?

Ok all these lifts are giving me a headache. I really don't have any preference here on brands right now. With a $1000 difference between several brands I really want to save the cash and move to the lower priced brands. I'd like to get 6" of lift.

So my problem is which kit to get. There's tuff country, rize, fabtech, superlift, procomp, and skyjacker.

Are any of these easier to install than the others? Also feature wise which is the best deal? Since I have a 04 new body do I need a drive shaft extension and rebalance it?

I'm sure there's a lot of folks here that have worked through this problem also. So please lend a hand here.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Out of those, I'd go with the Fabtech.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I'd stick with the Fabtech on that one

Old 04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
The techs at 4wheelonline recommended the pro comp kit. I'm leaning that direction myself since it looks like a really good kit. Plus a great price at $1959 with the MX2.75c and MX6 Reservoir Shocks. Sort of hard to beat. Any reason fabtech over pro comp?

Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Can O' worms!

This one could cause world war III! Everyone has an opinion. They are all good lifts, I will give my 2 cents. As I have said before in this forum, We have installed hundreds of lifts on various trucks, We are a Ford store so the majority is Ford of course. The majority is F150's, and having been a Fabtech junkie for years, We were courted by BDS and decided to try them on for size....WOW, what a great product, I judge how good a lift is by two things, My installer and my customers.
My installer will let me know exactly what he thinks about each lift and he has told me to stick with BDS, I have to think that he would rather install something that gives him the least amount of headaches. We both noticed that you get more lift for your money with a BDS, I swear that Fabtech and Pro-Comp don't measure up a true 6" when all is said and done (I may be wrong) We usually run 35's on all of our F150's so clearance won't be an issue and the BDS system seemed as if it could clear 36's without trimming.
My customers really could care less what lift we use, They see the truck and have to have it, We try to explain why we use a certain company but rarely does it matter. I have to be careful on my end because ultimately I am the one they will come to when there is a problem (It does happen no matter how careful you are) When you deal with the amount of lifted trucks we sell, customer satisfaction better be a priority. I must be honest and say that the times I have called Fabtech in particular, It has not been very pleasurable, Pro-Comp on the other hand has been a breeze to deal with and I have had no issues personally, Here is where the difference lies though.....BDS has a "no fineprint" warranty....Meaning if it breaks, it's replaced with NO QUESTION, No matter if you were driving to work or you jumped it 15 feet in the air, If it fails in any way, it is repalced. There was a story the guys at BDS were telling me about a truck that was T-Boned at an intersection and it bent the rear leafspring really bad, The customer called them and told them what happened and called them on the "no fineprint" claim, He had a new leafspring later that week. I don't care what anyone say's, That is commitment to customer satisfaction.
If you have read this far down this post, You must think I am on the BDS payroll....No (I wish) but I wanted to give you an honest answer but keep in mind it is my opinion, Each company has there own ways to market and make something look good but it comes down to performance and service after the sale. I am going to stick with BDS unless someone requests otherwise!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks Les! I do appreciate you taking the time and informing me of the BDS lifts. There looks to be a dealer in my area I'll see what they'll charge tomorrow. Thanks again!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=LESSTANFORDFORD] We were courted by BDS and decided to try them on for size....WOW, what a great product, I judge how good a lift is by two things, My installer and my customers.

I guess I'm not thinking, but who is BDS, and where can I find out more about them? Thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Old 04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
There all good lifts i have buddies that have procomp ,fabteck, and rancho and i went with rize. i site about 3 inches taller then them about the same as a 6in procomp with 3 inbody. but u can always add a spacer if u want to go bigger with any of them.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Well I settled for a Pro Comp 6" for $1500 from 4wheelonline.com. Guess I better find me a high reaching jack and stands.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I think I'm gonna buy a BDS in about 1-2 month because not just of the quality, looks, and height but also cuz of the almighty price LOL.
a sponsored shop here in Orlando. Is gonna install everything for $2500 out the door.
Now i just need to find ppl in this forum with this kit. I like it a lot but i wanna be 120% sure not just 110

Old 04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Marc,

Just seen your post... what shop is quoting that price -- if you don't mind telling. I'm in Daytona.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by weaseled
Marc,

Just seen your post... what shop is quoting that price -- if you don't mind telling. I'm in Daytona.
Jeff Clay & Sons Tires
1200 S John Young Pkwy
Kissimmee, FL 34741
(407) 846-4002

Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Man that is a awesome price for everything! Damn I hate kansas nothing here but Tornados and wheat fields.

Quick Reply: Which suspension lift for a 04 fx4 (NBS)?