King vs Fabtech

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King vs Fabtech

I was wondering if anybody had some firsthand knowledge with performance characteristics of both the King coil overs and the Fabtech dirtlogic's. Are the King's worth the extra dough, or are the Fabtech's a better buy? Is there any other coil overs out there that may fit the bill? Looking for some outstanding performance on road.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Suspended
Theres a few questions you need to ask yourself when choosing coilovers. Which lift are you planning on using them on? Are you going to be using it offroad & if so, how hard? If you're only going to be using them onroad, I would get the Dirt Logics and put that saved money towards something else.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get the dirt logics and save the money like Thumper said

Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 PM
FABTECH compares no where to KING..ya fabtech is cheaper..there is a reason for it... GO KING, hands down better performane, revalveable, rebuildable, and RACE PROVEN tech!!!! They use better seals, better shock oil, better shaft, materials, better uniballs, ect, ect.....Do it right the first time... Hell evan donahoe are better than fabtech...way better. AGAIN race proven with DONAHOE also, even RACE RUNNER/SWAY AWAYS. It doesnt matter what kind of suspension you have, if they shocks cant take it, it will fail, i have raced dezert for a few years, and better shocks and valving are crutial... im guessing you are looking at the replacment bolt in C/O's for the newer f1's? If so, look at sway away's, or donahoe's, little cheaper than kings, but still awsome shocks.

Last edited by a7x_nocturnal; 04-08-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Fabtech are sway a ways design, at least the dirt logics are.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking about the King front springs. I have 2.5 level kit and plan on getting some 35's on stock wheels. I noticed day one of the level kit some rub on the stock springs. I was thinking a skinner spring would fix that problem, plus being an upgrade. Anybody know what size I should be looking at?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Suspended
I've helped a lot of people install King's and they are by far the nicest coilover and shock out there. I'll be getting their coilovers and rear shocks when I get some other more important things done to my rig.

Originally Posted by extremeethan
Fabtech are sway a ways design, at least the dirt logics are.
They are a little different as well as the valving. I believe the guy who created the Dirt Logics, quit Fabtech, and created Sway-A-Ways.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:49 PM
quick question. i get basic kit now, hard to upgrade to coil overs later?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SAtownTX
quick question. i get basic kit now, hard to upgrade to coil overs later?
Nope, it's not hard at all especially since you won't have to compress a spring.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:37 PM
No sway a way has been around waayyy longer then the dirt logic brand shock. At first fabtech was using Fox to make their upgraded coilovers, but due to problems with Fox they partnered up with SAW and let SAW do their shocks. Now that the Dirt logic line has taken off fabtech invested the money to open their own shock shop and started making them all inhouse but off of SAW basic design ie piston and top cap mounting. Same with camburgs coilver they are labled Camburg but it is a SAW shock with camburgs valving.

Quick Reply: King vs Fabtech