AAL help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAL help.

I want to order a 1.5" skyjacker aal for my truck? Is this all I will need? Do I have to buy anything else. Got lifted about 2 weeks ago with 6" fabtech w/dirtlogics front and rear. Rear sits about 1" lower with the 5" block from fabtech. Is this something I can do my self? Also if I order the 4" skyjacker leafsprings, can I use my stock 2" block? Has anyone had any problems with the skyjacker aal?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
you will need to replace the bolt that goes through the middle of the leaf pack, well two on each side, but your kit should have come with those. and you may or maynot have enough threads on your U bolts that you can squeeze them in there. And remember the 1.5" AAL isnt actually 1.5" thick....

And edward has his 4" block and 2" blocks stacked, and his 2.5 AAL and hasnt had any problems.
-Patrick

Old 03-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
And edward has his 4" block and 2" blocks stacked, and his 2.5 AAL and hasnt had any problems.
-Patrick
Lol, that sounds safe. Can't imagine the axle wrap if it ever saw any sort of off roading and the confused state of mind he'd be in when one of those blocks spit out.

2 Rules when it comes to blocks
1. Never put on front of vehicle (leaf spring suspension obviously)
2. Never Double Stack

Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yah he doesnt push his truck that hard, but he knows that he needs traction bars to help with axle wrap. And acutally i think 6" of lift with stacked blocks is better then my friends older burban that has 8" block lift

and i was the one that helped him put the AAL in, and i torqued the sh^t out of the U bolts too (not with air tools)

Old 03-24-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When I did my skyjacker AAL, I didn't have to replace my ubolts, the stock ones were long enough, but the alingment pins will have to be replaced, and replacements came with my aal kit, as well as new ubolts.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
You will need 4 spring bolts, and you should replace the u bolts.....

I have a 2" superlift AAL with bolts and new u bolts here waiting to go on ebay if you are looking for a deal....
Wish I would have seen this earlier, I already ordered the kit.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully they will arrive quick so I can finally put up some pics.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I ran the SkyJacker 1.5" AAL for 70,000 miles, until I went to their 6" lift with 4" leaf packs. The 1.5" is an easy install, comes with everything including the new u-bolts. Because bolts stretch when you torque them and u-bolts are under high stress, you should never reuse u-bolts. You need a floor jack, jack stands, a couple of large C-clamps, and hand tools for the install.

The 4" spring packs are designed to be used with or without the factory block.

While on the subject of blocks - someone mentioned a 2" and a 4" block being stacked being better than an 8" block. NOT TRUE!!! Even though the 8" block would have more axle wrap (bad), the stacked blocks can lever out in the middle - that is the concern with stacked blocks!!! Kansasjoe is on the money, never use blocks in front and never stack blocks. If you lift a vehicle, why not do it right? Most guys will spend incredible amounts of money on a stereo, then want to cheap out on the suspension... think about the logic, even no stereo won't kill you, but your suspension falling apart can, has, and might just kill you. Do it right and be safe guys - suspensions and brakes are 2 areas never to cut corners!

Quick Reply: AAL help.