6" fab lift & thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" fab lift & thanks

Hey All. This is my 1st post so be gentle. Just want to say thanks, this forum gave me lots of info on the lift I chose. Fab. 6" W/ 5" blks, Pro comps ,& BFG`s. Very pleases with set up. ? I had an AS 2.5 kit before and left it off because I saw some theards that it will cause suspension issues. I Had the kit on the truck ( b-4 my 6" lift) for about 8 month had no problems. Should I put it back on. I like to be high. I don`t use my truck to go off roading, lots of highway driving. Thanks again
04 2x4 5.4

Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't combine the two. Do you have any pics?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Please post some pics and info about your setup, particularly your tire/wheel combo (tire size, wheel backspacing etc...). I will be ordering my 6" Fabtech kit in the next couple of days and am on the fence about whether to keep my 2.5" leveling kit or not. A couple 2WD guys have combined the two, but it isn't recommended.

Also where did you get your 5" block and does your truck sit pretty level?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
Please post some pics and info about your setup, particularly your tire/wheel combo (tire size, wheel backspacing etc...). I will be ordering my 6" Fabtech kit in the next couple of days and am on the fence about whether to keep my 2.5" leveling kit or not. A couple 2WD guys have combined the two, but it isn't recommended.

Also where did you get your 5" block and does your truck sit pretty level?

Thanks
sorry still trying to figure this out. Hope pic`s cameout on my 2nd post, I`m running 315-70/17 bfg t/a ko on 17x9 pro comps, will find out about back spacing. per shop 5" blk are fabtech but I`ll confirm. Truck does sit pretty level. kit came with 2" didn`t want the pre runner look. so when you order a basic 6" ask for a 5"blks

Old 03-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by chazf150
sorry still trying to figure this out. Hope pic`s cameout on my 2nd post, I`m running 315-70/17 bfg t/a ko on 17x9 pro comps, will find out about back spacing. per shop 5" blk are fabtech but I`ll confirm. Truck does sit pretty level. kit came with 2" didn`t want the pre runner look. so when you order a basic 6" ask for a 5"blks
Very nice truck, pictures were great! Not sure how much of a difference there is between a 17" and an 18" tire, but from looks of things my tires will be slightly larger than the ones you have currently on your truck. Glad to hear you aren't having any rubbing issues, but I will be very interested in hearing what your wheel backspacing is.

Can you get a head on shot of your truck after the lift like the one without the lift? Would really like to see the difference in height.

Thanks for taking the shot, looks really good.

Last edited by wxscpo; 03-10-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Very nice truck, pictures were great! Not sure how much of a difference there is between a 17" and an 18" tire, but from looks of things my tires will be slightly larger than the ones you have currently on your truck. Glad to hear you aren't having any rubbing issues, but I will be very interested in hearing what your wheel backspacing is.

Can you get a head on shot of your truck after the lift like the one without the lift? Would really like to see the difference in height.

Thanks for taking the shot, looks really good.

Thanks for posting pics. back spacing for my wheels are 4.25" . Blocks are fabtech.

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks for posting pics. back spacing for my wheels are 4.25" . Blocks are fabtech.
NP on the picture posting, thanks for adding them. With 4.25" of backspacing how much would you say your wheels actually stick out from the fenders? Could you get a good shot that shows the tire sticking out from under the fender? How much trimming did you have to do?

I am still trying to decide whether to keep my leveling kit on or not for the same reasons I think you are deciding whether to put your's back on. I want as much height as possible without to much exposed wheel well. I have seen a few trucks where it looks really good and then others where the 35's just seem too small. Not sure why it looks different on different trucks.

One of the reasons I am thinking about going without the leveling kit is to keep the cost down. If I keep the leveling kit then I am going to have to go with the bigger blocks and an AAL for the rear. This will cause the shocks the Fabtech kit comes with to be too small and I will ahve to purchase longer shocks separately adding to my cost and taking away the ability to do a few other mods I want.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Opps sorry double post.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:55 AM
NP on the picture posting, thanks for adding them. With 4.25" of backspacing how much would you say your wheels actually stick out from the fenders? Could you get a good shot that shows the tire sticking out from under the fender? How much trimming did you have to do?

I am still trying to decide whether to keep my leveling kit on or not for the same reasons I think you are deciding whether to put your's back on. I want as much height as possible without to much exposed wheel well. I have seen a few trucks where it looks really good and then others where the 35's just seem too small. Not sure why it looks different on different trucks.

One of the reasons I am thinking about going without the leveling kit is to keep the cost down. If I keep the leveling kit then I am going to have to go with the bigger blocks and an AAL for the rear. This will cause the shocks the Fabtech kit comes with to be too small and I will ahve to purchase longer shocks separately adding to my cost and taking away the ability to do a few other mods I want.
Sure no problem, give me a day or so I`ll try to post them here (still trying to figure how to use this forum) if I can`t ,look for it in my gallery. As far as trimming goes,I`ll say about an 1" I`ll send pics.Did notice that the back of front tires do rub when turning up driveways , not much but you can feel it . Kit is probably settling.Time to bring out the rubber mallet.
If I put my kit back on , I may have to put a aal on, if so will I need a longer shocks?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:44 AM
If I put my kit back on , I may have to put a aal on, if so will I need a longer shocks?
The guy at the shop where I will be getting my installation done told me I will need longer shocks if I go with the bigger block and an AAL. Also means I will need longer u-bolts, which just adds a little more to the overall costs. I really don't want to have to bend metal to make this work though so I may just end up going that way.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=wxscpo]NP on the picture posting, thanks for adding them. With 4.25" of backspacing how much would you say your wheels actually stick out from the fenders? Could you get a good shot that shows the tire sticking out from under the fender? How much trimming did you have to do?

Here`s some pic`s , check in gallery , Front tires stick out about about 2.75" Rear tires about .5" Hope this helps .Goodluck

? how do you post pic`s on this page?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Suspended
The guy at the shop where I will be getting my installation done told me I will need longer shocks if I go with the bigger block and an AAL. Also means I will need longer u-bolts, which just adds a little more to the overall costs. I really don't want to have to bend metal to make this work though so I may just end up going that way.
How much lift are adding to the rear? If you are only adding about 2 inches to the rear, the shocks should be fine. I've been running a 2" Deaver AAL without any problems, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been offroad with my truck and it still gets full suspension travel, besides you said this is going to be a pavement pounder, right? Sounds like they want to squeeze some more money out of you!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
How much lift are adding to the rear? If you are only adding about 2 inches to the rear, the shocks should be fine. I've been running a 2" Deaver AAL without any problems, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been offroad with my truck and it still gets full suspension travel, besides you said this is going to be a pavement pounder, right? Sounds like they want to squeeze some more money out of you!
I am going to go with the 5" blocks to ensure the back doesn't sag. The guy at the shop said I would need the longer shocks if I kept the leveling kit upfront and I had to go with the bigger blocks and the AAL. I think I'll be removing the leveling kit though so I shouldn't need the longer shocks with just the 5" blocks alone.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=chazf150]
? how do you post pic`s on this page?
1. Open your gallery
2. Open an album
3. Open one of your pictures
4. Right click & select properties
5. Highlight & copy the web address
6. In your post select the insert image icon & paste your copied web address

Hope this helped and thanks for the pictures.

By the way when I click the camera icon to go to your gallery it takes me to someone else's gallery.

Quick Reply: 6" fab lift & thanks