6" skyjacker

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" skyjacker

How does their kits compare to fabtech, procomp, ect. I don't see many trucks runing them

Old 03-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skyjackers ifs lift system are no where near the top
the quality/design is low
plus theyre VERY expensive compared to other brands

Rize, Fabtech, & RCD are pretty much the top brands for lifts

Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Skyjacker's kit is every bit as good as the Fabtech's, the problem is it's pricier so not as many will buy it. One place it has an advantage over Fabtech is it actually comes with new coil and shock replacements for the front already together and ready to go whereas Fabtechs you reuse the factory coils. It also has a full front skid plate whereas Fabtech has just a differential skid plate. I'd say the only place it lacks vs the Fabtech is the size and possibly strength of the new crossmembers. Skyjacker always has high quality lifts and if there wasn't another little company out there called Superlift then they'd probably be the industry leader in lift kits, especially if they'd bring their price down a bit. I have a Fabtech on my truck so I'm in no way biased towards one or another.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that Skyjacker now reuses the OEM coilsprings also. I beleive Stacey David mentioned it on the episode of Trucks where he installed the kit on Skyjackers yellow show truck. I believe he said that Skyjacker decided to do this to keep the retail price down.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Haven't heard anything about that. I was just looking through the 2006 Skyjacker master catalog and it just showed the F4601K and F4601KS (leaf spring replacements). Haven't got the 07 book yet (usually get it after the Big Show) so it'll probably list that option in there.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah they have full skidplates but the bolt heads stick out from the skidplate which makes them easier to break off & then you have a broken bolt thats stuck in you crossmember

dont get me wrong tho, skyjacker makes incredible lifts, we have an 01 dodge 1500 4x4 with their 7" platinum double flex system & its unstoppable out on the trail. pretty much their straight axle lifts are awesome but their ifs kits arent up to par with the other companies

Last edited by sean_somer; 03-03-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I have the 6" kit in my shop, will be installing within 2 weeks. Will give a full report then. It came complete with rear spring packs, I'm not a fan of lift blocks, so I personally wouldn't buy a kit that doesn't have AALs or leaf packs. Have not opened the boxes yet, but like I said, I'll give a full report when I do the install. I've done a lot of kits (including SkyJacker IFS kits) and never found their engineering, quality, or strength lacking.

Quick Reply: 6" skyjacker