4x4 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4x4 question

Hey guys I have a question. I had my truck lifted a month ago,I took my truck into the dealer to have the brakes replaced and they mentioned to me that whoever installed the lift didn't put an extention on the 4x4 vacuum line and he said if I went off roading and the wheel extended to far from the wheel well my 4 wheel drive would go out. Is this statement true. If so I shouldn't have to pay for the extention should I it should have been included in the work I'm assuming. I'm not to familiar with all of the specific parts and everything when it comes to 4x4's but I'm learning more and more with this site. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hash278
Hey guys I have a question. I had my truck lifted a month ago,I took my truck into the dealer to have the brakes replaced and they mentioned to me that whoever installed the lift didn't put an extention on the 4x4 vacuum line and he said if I went off roading and the wheel extended to far from the wheel well my 4 wheel drive would go out. Is this statement true. If so I shouldn't have to pay for the extention should I it should have been included in the work I'm assuming. I'm not to familiar with all of the specific parts and everything when it comes to 4x4's but I'm learning more and more with this site. Thanks in advance.
On an 04, the 4X4 would not go out, but you would not be able to unlock the font hubs. The IWE's on the 04 up have a default of locked. No vacuum = locked. When you start the truck it sends vacuum to the hubs and unlocks them. I would definitely get extensions as it should have been done in the first place.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
On an 04, the 4X4 would not go out, but you would not be able to unlock the font hubs. The IWE's on the 04 up have a default of locked. No vacuum = locked. When you start the truck it sends vacuum to the hubs and unlocks them. I would definitely get extensions as it should have been done in the first place.
i agree

Old 01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks that helps alot

Quick Reply: 4x4 question