lvling kit safe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lvling kit safe?

Ok, I have a brand new 2.5 as lvl kit, but I've been reading articles about how it causes to much stress on the goods, and I live in a bumpy neighborhood. Has anyone had problems with their lvl kit? Would a 2" be safer or not really?

Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM
they are safe! there are so many people on hear that have the leveling kit and use there trucks on and offroad and dont have problems with it, just put it on dont worry about it and enjoy

Old 11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
And on the other hand, there are a not-so-small number of people on these forums that have had issues with the spacers. There are no problems most of the time, but the issues that arise are not isolated enough for me to personally feel safe using them. Just do as much reading on it as you can decide for yourself, just as long as you don't let other people talk you into anything without being certain yourself. That's when you run into problems.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by UCF178
And on the other hand, there are a not-so-small number of people on these forums that have had issues with the spacers. There are no problems most of the time, but the issues that arise are not isolated enough for me to personally feel safe using them. Just do as much reading on it as you can decide for yourself, just as long as you don't let other people talk you into anything without being certain yourself. That's when you run into problems.
what problems are you talkin about? the only possible issues is the balljoints wearing prematurly and thats not that big of a problem cause it doesnt shorten there lifespan by that much.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
first off leveling kits rock and there is no way it will cause you any problems like he said your ball joint may were down but when that happens you will have 100k miles on your truck and probably not own the damn thing anymore!!! even if thats your biggest concern total chaos make new upper controll arms with better hiem joints!! o and so does cst.
my truck
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8421

Old 11-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow, I had no idea. I only knew what I read here about the ball joint issue in a bunch of threads and it seemed like more of a big deal than a possible replacement at 100K miles. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick Reply: lvling kit safe?