spacer on top of lift???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spacer on top of lift???

I am installing a 6" fabtech lift n my '06 xlt 2wd and was wondering if i can keep my 2.5" AS lift or if i will need to get rid of it? I would really love to keep it to keep my level look by adding a 1.5 or 2" add-a-leaf in the rear and getting aroudn 8" of lift at the end, but im not sure if its possible, anyone know?? thank you

Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't. However, a few members here have lifts with leveling kits stacked on top of them and don't seem to have any problems.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Wandell, what is your reasoning behind not doing it, i know its your choice, and your not saying you cant do it, i am just curious why YOU would not do it since it is very apparent you know your stuff about trucks, thank you.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by wandell
Personally, I wouldn't. However, a few members here have lifts with leveling kits stacked on top of them and don't seem to have any problems.
wandell-you opinion- 06 supercrew 2wd, should i go with a 2" or 2.5" AS kit?
i am going with the stock 4WD blocks and u-bolts in the back.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would just be afraid of making the ball joint angles (and CV joint angles on 4x4's) too severe. Some members have had premature ball joint wear with just a leveling kit. Apparantly the 04-07's are prone to premature ball joint wear if their angles are too severve. That is the only reason I would hesitate to do it. But, like I said, a few members here with 4x4's have stacked leveling kits on their lifts with no problems.
Labman1014, I'd go ahead and get the 2.5 inch kit if it was me.

Last edited by wandell; 10-15-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by wandell
I would just be afraid of making the ball joint angles (and CV joint angles on 4x4's) too severe. Some members have had premature ball joint wear with just a leveling kit. Apparantly the 04-07's are prone to premature ball joint wear if their angles are too severve. That is the only reason I would hesitate to do it. But, like I said, a few members here with 4x4's have stacked leveling kits on their lifts with no problems.
Labman1014, I'd go ahead and get the 2.5 inch kit if it was me.
thanks wandell

Old 10-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You need to learn how to use the search button!!!
All of the questions in the threads you have started have already been discussed in other threads....

Last edited by -TXF150-; 10-15-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
TX, i know it has been answered, i saw your pic and knew you had it, but i did not know if it would be different for a 2wd as a 4wd due to my diff and height, and structure underneath, and the rear blocks in back, thats the only reason i started the thread. I start some threads that questions have been answered by and i do use the search button, i just sometimes have specific questions that are not answered in the thread.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by spinnintires
TX, i know it has been answered, i saw your pic and knew you had it, but i did not know if it would be different for a 2wd as a 4wd due to my diff and height, and structure underneath, and the rear blocks in back, thats the only reason i started the thread. I start some threads that questions have been answered by and i do use the search button, i just sometimes have specific questions that are not answered in the thread.
Ok.. to put this into perspective for you. Since you have a 2wd, if you go with the fabtech kit, your truck will actually sit 2" lower than a 4x4 with a 6" lift.. On the other hand if you go with the pro comp 6" lift you will sit the same height as a 4x4 with a 6" lift.. I have compared trucks side by side with pro comp and fabtech lifts, that is how I know this..

You should also consider posting in the 2004 and up forum..

Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by -TXF150-
Ok.. to put this into perspective for you. Since you have a 2wd, if you go with the fabtech kit, your truck will actually sit 2" lower than a 4x4 with a 6" lift.. On the other hand if you go with the pro comp 6" lift you will sit the same height as a 4x4 with a 6" lift.. I have compared trucks side by side with pro comp and fabtech lifts, that is how I know this..

You should also consider posting in the 2004 and up forum..
Why would you be sitting 2" higher with the procomp vs the fabtech?

Old 10-15-2006, 10:10 PM
so why does the procomp sit 2" higher than the fabtech??? I was going to put the 2" add a leaf in the rear with the 6" fabtech and then i have the 2.5" as in the front, so i thought this would keep me abou 8.5" up, i thought this is exactly what you have on your truck except you have procomp 2.5 and i have as 2.5??? Why would the procomp raise me higher than fabtech if everything else is the same??? I am loosing you i think, sorry. It just seems i am doing exactly what you have done except i am adding an add a leaf in the rear... so you are saying your truck sits lower than the exact same truck with a procomp lift on it????

Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 PM
soso you are saying your truck sits lower than the exact same truck with a procomp lift on it????
No, Friday night I parked side by side with a F150 2wd with a pro comp 6", and my truck was about half an inch taller than the other one, and that is with a 2.5" spacer on top of my fabtech..

Old 10-15-2006, 10:46 PM
but did that truck have a leveling kit (spacer) on it as well or no? it may have had a 1.5" or something on it and thats why there was the difference, but otherwise i will look into it, thank you.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:50 PM
but did that truck have a leveling kit (spacer) on it as well or no? it may have had a 1.5" or something on it and thats why there was the difference, but otherwise i will look into it, thank you.
Nope, just the pro comp lift spacer..

Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 PM
i know you have the procomp spacer, so did the other truck have one as well, because if you had one and they did not then i see what you are saying that there truck would sit about an inch higher if you only had the fabtech, and they only had the procomp on it, but im not sure if thats what your saying, if thats the case, i may look into the procomp then, because why not take advantage of the extra inch or two in height for the same 6" lift. I am already putting the add a leaf in the rear and keeping my 2.5" autospring and wanting to add the 6" lift, but now you are making my question which one, the only reason i may still go with fabtech is i like the setup, i have heard good things, and its fairly reasonable...

Quick Reply: spacer on top of lift???