6" Fabtech ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" Fabtech ?'s

I am looking at getting the 6" fabtech lift but i have a few questions about it. First does it widen the stand of my truck at all. I have a 4x2 2006 f150 XLT and am not sure if it will widen my stand at all. And if i leave the oem rims on but put on 12.5 wide tires instead of stock 265/60/18 along with 6" fabtech, how much are my tires (approximately) going to stick out past edge of truck?? Also is the 6" lift a 6 up front and 4 in rear or 6 and 6? I think its a 6 and 6 but i am not sure, because i put a AS level on and if its 6 and 4 then im adding the rear blocks on now but its its 6 and 6 i think i will sit pretty level after the kit, and then will decide if i want some rake back or not. But anyone want to throw out opinions on that be my guest. I am not sure if i need the 2" rear blocks now for a little rake, or if it will look too much like factory, because i like the more level look. Trooks truck is the look i am going for, i just cant afford some MT tires!! I am getting the BFG mud terrain 35x12.5x18 though, so not bad.
Back to the questions though, if i do stick out a decent amount, do you reccomend i get soem stock fx4 fender flares to save my paint?? i would get bushwacker but they are about 3x the price..so i am just not sure if the fender flares are a useful addition or if its just a waste of money...i will spend the money i need but im not going overboard right now. So let me know on the 2" rear block and fender flares because i will pick those up if needed, thank you all!! Sorry its sooo long, i am just wanting to make my truck perfect and dont want to buy uneccessary things, but definatly want the needed items to make it look sick!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

if you dont go with the 2in blocks, i might buy them from you...

Old 10-07-2006, 06:57 PM
the fabtech lift does increase your traction width in the front only by 3/4" on each side. it uses a 4" block in the back

Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 PM
thank you very much, so i should probably add a 2" block in the back over and above the 4" to keep me level, because i have a leveling kit on, and so otherwise my rear would sag, am i correct?? or should i be adding more than a 2" block, maybe 3" if i put a 2.5" AS kit on front? i just dont want a sag, i would like a level look or a little rake but not a sag, and thank you for the info on the wheels and how much they stick out..also would you reccommend some fender flares, or are they not neccessary?

Old 10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
well the wheels sticking out all depends on the backspacing u get. but use a add a leaf in the rear plus the block that comes with the kit.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
so i should not stack 2 blocks on one another, but instead do an add-a-leaf instead. If i do that can i add 2 or 3 inches with one leaf, and how muhc does it cost to do, plus install?? I am just thinking the 2" blocks in easier, prob cheaper, and faster to install, if i can do 2" and 4" blocks together

Old 10-08-2006, 01:10 AM
well the safer way to go is an add a leaf people dont like stacking blocks. i still have the factory block in my truck along with the block from the lift kit but i am going to replac it with an add a leaf. an add a leaf will give u 2-3 inches and can be installed easily when the rear block goes in. definatly the way to go.

Trending Topics

Old 10-08-2006, 02:05 AM
ok that is perfect, i will buy it then and have it installed at the same time as i have the lift installed, and this should give me 2-3"? If so that is perfect. How much are these leafs, and is there a brand you would reccomend purchasing? I will do that when i get the lift, thank you for the information and i hope to do that then in the next few months.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by spinnintires
ok that is perfect, i will buy it then and have it installed at the same time as i have the lift installed, and this should give me 2-3"? If so that is perfect. How much are these leafs, and is there a brand you would reccomend purchasing? I will do that when i get the lift, thank you for the information and i hope to do that then in the next few months.
no problem good luck cant wait to see it when it is done. i know deaver makes good leafs but i would just ask the shop that is installing the kit what they recomend.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Thank you. I have another question about a fabtech 6" lift. Is there any welding to be done or is it all bolts and lighter hardware? I know a guy at a shop and he said if its no welding he will help me do it in a few weeks for free. Also do i need to extend the drivetrain, or is there no extension neccessary, because sometimes that has to be sent out to be done correctly or else it will shake? Whe you get a chance let me know, it would be very helpful, thank you!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by spinnintires
Thank you. I have another question about a fabtech 6" lift. Is there any welding to be done or is it all bolts and lighter hardware? I know a guy at a shop and he said if its no welding he will help me do it in a few weeks for free. Also do i need to extend the drivetrain, or is there no extension neccessary, because sometimes that has to be sent out to be done correctly or else it will shake? Whe you get a chance let me know, it would be very helpful, thank you!
everything in the kit is all u need. it is a bolt on kit no welding.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Awesome that saves me a ton of time and money!! Thank you again, and hopefully ill have some 35's and 6" lift in about a month!!

Quick Reply: 6" Fabtech ?'s