Rear block install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear block install...

Hello everyone. May be a dumb question, and im sure Wandell can answer this very quickly but i am getting a 2" set of stock 4x4 block and u-bolts for the rear and was wondering how to install them myself. Do i just jack up the truck, remove the tire, and undo the 4 bolts on each side holding in my u bolt now. Then place the black in the place on the leaf and put on the new ubolts or am i missing some very important step? Because i definatly do not want to mess up my truck. Let me know, thank you. I am doing this in a week or so, also time it will take to install and tools would be nice if you know, thank you!!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's basically it. However, I'd jack the rear of the truck up and put jackstands under the frame. Then you can use your jack to support the rear differential (it's heavy) while you install the lift blocks and u-bolts.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Here's a little tip worth noting......

Buy one of those nylon straps with the small rachet and have it ready. You may need to reposition the axle, sometimes it moves and not so easy to reposition.

Trust me ......I know.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
i definatly wil buy a strap, that could be a problem if it moves and i dont have a strap. Thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply: Rear block install...