Raise it up-blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raise it up-blocks?

I am looking at raising my truck up, and am deciding on what to do. I do not have the money right now to get a full suspension lift, but still want some height. I am putting a 2" autosprings kit on the front, but want to still raise the truck more, what are some options, could i raise the back with some blocks or leaf springs, a few inches, and then could i raise the front more to level it back out. I am looking for a partially affordable way to do this, while still keeping close to a stock ride, what parts what i need to do this, and how much may it cost, round about. In total im looking to level the truck up and raise the whole thing 2-4".

Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 AM
keep in mind you have torsion bar these could be maxed out to give some lift in the front but you will need to realine the front wheels lift block i dont like they are not as strong or reliable as lift springs or add a lefts hope this helped

Old 09-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
His sig says he has an 06 so he doesn't have torsion bars. 2.5 inches of lift up front is about the max without going to a full suspension lift. The rear is easily lifted with blocks or add-a-leaves.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
im thinking of doing the same thing, ordered the front level kit and looking for something for the rear, blocks, add a leaf etc. which type/brand would be the best for the rear? a friend of mine said i could get bigger blocks (i like the oem stance) and a helper spring that will help in swaying and axle rap?????

Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
i am going with the stock ford 4x4 blocks. The 4x2 does not come with blocks and the 4x4 comes with 2" blocks. If you add these 2" blocks in the back and a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit in the front you can get about a 2" overall life, and if using the 2.5" kit you get a little more level look at the same time. If you have a 4X4 you can put in 3 or 4" blocks, just make sure not to have too high of an angle, for it will put too much stress on the back.

Quick Reply: Raise it up-blocks?