ProComp on ebay..

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProComp on ebay..

So I'm in the beginning stages of drooling and convulsing when ever I see a lifted F150 and my "want" is rapidly turning into a "need" of a lift

Anyway, I'm researching and driving myself insane over this. I found the ProComp on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/pro-c...28258878QQrdZ1 It looks like a good price to me, but my question is..is that kit all I need? does it come with shocks? I've seen talk about the ProComp Stage 1 and Stage 2, but I cant seem to find any info on what each kit includes..trust me, I've searched this forum non stop for the last few days, I'm not perfect ( I know thats hard to believe.. ) so I may have missed some of the info I'm looking for. Anyway, is this kit on ebay a complete kit? I want to call the guy, but I need to be a little more knowledgeable about it before I call...

I was originally looking at getting the Rancho kit, but it seems there's not much talk about that kit lately..any help is appreciated as always guys.

BREW

Old 09-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GitRdone!!! Make sure the kit is complete though. I can't wait to see that beast ridin high! So, the only question left is 35, or 37 inch tires? I'm a Nitto Mud Grappler fan for that truck - whaddaya think?

Old 09-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by 1muddytruck
GitRdone!!! Make sure the kit is complete though. I can't wait to see that beast ridin high! So, the only question left is 35, or 37 inch tires? I'm a Nitto Mud Grappler fan for that truck - whaddaya think?

Yeh, thats the problem, I wanna make sure the kit is complete and I don't have to spend another $500 to $1000 on more parts and shocks or whatever.

Since this is still my daily driver and I do a ton of highway driving, I gotta stay with 35's max. I was gonna do the Rancho with 33's but if I can get this lift at a good price, it will help offset the cost of the 35's. So now...stick with 18's or go to 20's? Man it just never ends

BREW

Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think the stage one comes with a spacer for use with the OEM coilover shocks up front while the stage two comes with replacement coilover shocks.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been seeing those myself Brew, I have seen them for $989 on ebay as well so keep an eye out. I'm sure there is a little room to move in his price so why don't you message him. It says the kit is 100% complete in the listing, he can face trouble if he's manipulating you so I wouldn't worry about it. All kits had a drop in price recently, Rize went down to $2300 as someone mentioned, Fabtech went down to 1700 w/coilovers, and now the Procomp. Rancho is supposed to be a better kit and you will clear 35's no problem with the Rancho (it claims 4" kit, but as you've probably heard is closer to 5.5"). The rancho looks better imo, but I have no advice as far as performance goes and refuse to give out my opinion as if I knew otherwise.

Before you message him be sure to ask what size lift block is included for the rear (4", 5" etc), what kind of shocks are included for the rear. Is the kit a 4wd kit? Etc. Ask if it is refurbished or an outdated model. I don't know how they dropped the price so low but it's worth taking up on.

I also have heard the ProComp kit is very simple to install, not sure on the Rancho but Sal installed his and he's a great guy to talk to so asking him would be wise.

Here is what I would do:
  1. Find the best price on the Rancho kit possible.
    Find out if he can drop the price (ask if he'll take $1050), ask about shipping.
  2. Ask what shocks come in the rear (mx5's maybe).
  3. Ask if the kit is 4wd, and if it's refurb'd. Ask straight out why the price is so low lately.
  4. Make sure it's over the phone as his tone can tell a lot about his customer service. Sportztrailers was terrible, I should have known talking to them but you live and learn.

Good luck Brew! That should be enough to help you make your decision, I would take a Rancho over the ProComp (no offense to PC owners). The Procomp spacers have failed on people offroad (bent flanges on spacer-ends), the replacement white struts have also failed when jumping (lowermount snapped), etc. There are threads in the 04-06 forum that show pics of these mishaps.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Josiah...thanks for the info bud. One thing i've learned in my life so far is that if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. I've also learned to go with my first instinct, impression or thought. When I first started looking at lifts, Rancho is what I was looking at and what I told myself I would get when the time came. Like I said, I don't want an 8" lift with 37's, it just wont work for me. The Rancho seems to be the perfect fit for what I want/need. I think it looks pretty good with 33's and even better with 35's. I just need to figure out which will, again, be better for me since I do, do so much highway/long distance travel. From what I see the 35's dont kill the gas mileage to bad, so I might go with them. Now, 20's or 18's??

I'm gonna do some more research later on the Rancho kit, but do you know if it comes with shocks or do I need to buy them seperately? Is there anything else I will need? Thanks for the help man...now I just have to plan the install for when you come back out here to the east coast so you can help me do it

BREW

Old 09-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe the Rancho comes with new coilover shocks, but I think you reuse your OEM springs on them.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
thats it.... stage one which is what that is.. is complete! Sage 1 comes with the lowest grade shocks procomps make but they will still do the job. souds complete to me but if your that wouried call him.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:39 PM
rize 2300~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what? are you serious?

Quick Reply: ProComp on ebay..