Suspension Rebuild Time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Rebuild Time?

I have a 2001 F150 4x4 S-Crew with 151k miles. I bought it lifted already because I like how it looks but I don't know jack about lifted trucks. The truck runs and looks like new which is great considering the mileage. I have noticed that if I go over asphalt that has waves or a washboard type surface the front wheels tend to feel like they are hopping around on me a bit. Not too bad but enough to make me think from front end parts are worn , probably something is toast after 151k. I can do all the labor myself so what should I replace. It's probably cheaper for me to replace some parts that may not need replacing then to pay the diagnostic charge.

Poking around ebay I see front control arm kits with ball joints , any recos for Moog vs. TRW vs. other brands? It may be shock time too so if you have shock recos that would be great too. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you do anything you definately should use moog parts
i would recommend ranchos (rs9000x or rdx) & bilstiens (5100)

Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would reccomend rancho 9000's i'm very happy with mine.moog parts,on the other hand,are crap.i put all new tie rod ends and idler are on my truck and after maybe 15,000 miles everything has been replaced again.i would go with oe ford parts if i hadn't allready spent more on moog parts to get a warranty.i guess that's why they have a lifetime warranty,you need it.

Quick Reply: Suspension Rebuild Time?