Upper control arm problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upper control arm problems

The joint at the end of the upper control arm of my 98 f150 has gone out and needs to be repalaced. do any of you guys know if you can just replace that jount or do i have to replace the whole control arm? The bushings next to the frame are in grewat shape. They were just replaced.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Oooh, been a few years, but I believe mine '97 were a permenant part of the upper A arm so you will have to replace the whole arm. They aren't too terribly expensive though. I replaced them when I lowered mine the first time. Likely yours broke by adding the new bushings to stiffen things back to an original ride. You'd have been better off getting new arms.

I have adjustable one's now with replaceable ball joints, they were pricey but I had to have them for other reasons. The best part is the ball joints are replaceable.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
yep,you have to replace the whole thing,and if you have slotted mounts(camber adjusments)you will have to get it alligned too.they aren't expensive,i got mine for about 80 bucks from ford,same or maybe a little cheaper than o'reilleys

Old 07-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by OopsiDrptMyF150
Oooh, been a few years, but I believe mine '97 were a permenant part of the upper A arm so you will have to replace the whole arm. They aren't too terribly expensive though. I replaced them when I lowered mine the first time. Likely yours broke by adding the new bushings to stiffen things back to an original ride. You'd have been better off getting new arms.

I have adjustable one's now with replaceable ball joints, they were pricey but I had to have them for other reasons. The best part is the ball joints are replaceable.
Are they the hi-performance racing arms?

Quick Reply: Upper control arm problems