Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!

I've got a serious problem and could really use some insight, because at this point I've given up hope on my local Ford dealer (or I should say that they've thrown their hands up in frustration) and I'm not getting any resolution. I've got an 04 Super Crew with the 4.6L motor. Not long after purchasing it I had usual vibration issues. I took it to the dealer and they replaced tires. The vibration continued and they replaced more tires. The vibration continued and was 'extremely' bad when I towed, and they started talking to me about the TSBs. First they applied the dampening, then the counterbalancing, then replaced the drive shaft, replaced more tires, they the ring and pinion changeout. Bottom line is that after all this the problem is unchanged. I put new 20" wheels on it last week with Goodyear GTs and the ride is smoother, but the vibration is unchanged. I am not sure if the issue is drivetrain related or not. At 50 mph I can set the cruise and my rear end will 'gyrate' all day. At highway speeds the vibration or gyration comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. I went to arbitration and won, but the award was terrible since I'm beyond the first year, that it was going to cost me approximately $7,000.00 to get a replacement of "equal value". The arbitrator found the vehicle with manufacturer's defects and safety issues and it costs me to get rid of it. Anyhow, I'm not taking the loss as I've only had the truck 13 months, so I'm trying to work through it. I'm really wondering if I'm might be able to fix or at least lessen the problem through some different shocks. Any insight? I'm at the end of my rope and am stuck with the truck but can't get beyond things. I appreciate any insight that can be lent.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
So bassically it's labled as a Lemon which Ford has clearly found out which is why they offered you a replacment truck. I can't believe you would take such a loss of 7K though! Its not your fault they made a lemon! I had an 04 F150 Supercrew 4.6 2wd brought back early this year as it was a lemon, and I got every single payment back to me without loosing a dime! Theres no excuss to loose 7K for Fords mistake!

The dealer even threw there hands up since they don't know whats wrong with your truck, and to be honest, a lemon is a lemon. It will always have problems that cannot be fixed which is why they lable them as lemons.

Bassically what I'm saying is, I'd fight with Ford A LOT more if I were you and have them give you a replacement truck with no other cash loss besides paying for the miles you have already put on this 04 f150. Your truck will never run right, and its not your fault nor can the Vibration be fixed. I know lots of 04's that have been brought back by Ford from the vibration, and you shouldn't have to be stuck with something you pay so much money for that drives like a POS.

What are the odds you can fight with Ford more on this matter?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Well, in Alabama the lemon law suggests that if you are under 1 year/12,000 miles, you can apply the lemon law. I've had the truck 13 months and have 24,000 on it. My issue is that the first problem arose at less than 3,000 miles on the truck and I've had it in and out of the dealership ever since. It basically comes down to 'read the fine print'. Ford is not stupid and they have a great deal of very good attorney's on their payroll. My next step is to take them to civil court. I've already talked to an attorney and I have a very good case, but we're in the infancy stage. These things aren't accomplished over night. I'm just going to have to remain diligent and see what happens.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Take it to court, you'll win. I have seen this happen many, many times over and 95% of the time, Ford will settle out of court. If they don't settle, I have seen them loose real bad in court for **** cars and trucks. Take it all the way, and make them pay your attorney. You've got a slam dunk