lifting a 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lifting a 2WD

I have a 01 F150 2WD SuperCrew. I want to lift it up so it is comparable to the 4WD height.

What do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Is this expensive?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I would say if you want to lift it, lift it as much as you can afford the FIRST time. I've lifted mine three different times. I first had a Fabtech Spindle lift, which raised it about 3 1/2". Then a body lift, which was another 3". I took the Fabtech off, and installed a RCD 6" lift stacked with another 1" so I have about 10" of lift. The body lift installed was $550. My RCD kit I got at a heck of a deal and that was $1400 OTD installed. The back end sagged a bit so I installed a 2" add-a-leaf and 3" blocks. It sits just a tiny bit higher in the back, maybe by an inch. It rides great for a lifted truck. I'm running 37" tires. I can't go any higher.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I went with Fabtech spindles/add-a-leaf in the rear. It was economical; I guess you could say that, add on also new wheels/tires and Rancho shocks!!!! I love the difference though. I have a truck now, but really plan on $$ for new wheels/tires, the stock tires look like crap after you lift. Truck handles great.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by parisdog
I have a 01 F150 2WD SuperCrew. I want to lift it up so it is comparable to the 4WD height.

What do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Is this expensive?
well, just to do that.. i would assume you just need a front (leveling kit) lift.. and they are not that expensive at all. but, i do agree with b/a and say.. lift it as much as you can the first time good luck with your mod!!!

Quick Reply: lifting a 2WD