body lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift

what would be some problems with making a body lift out of aluminum.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would probably transmit more vibration to the cab than the urethane lifts. If you are talking about making your own, it would not be worth the time, expense and effort involved.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree. You can find them for $150 and under. Not worth the effort and aggravation making it yourself. Plus the blocks are cast iron.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:29 AM
I believe you are thinking about suspension lift/lowering blocks that are usually made of cast iron. Performance Accessories and almost all the other companies that make body lifts make the lift pucks from a urethane material.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Suspended
i could make some in about an hour and a half. i am a machinist and i have everything i need to make them in my garage, lathe, mill, and i have alot of aluminum laying around.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:16 PM
You will still have to make bumper relocation brackets and other assorted items. I don't doubt you could make the lift pucks easily but there are a lot of other issues. On my 01, my PA kit included a steering shaft extension, fuel filler extension, brackets to lower the radiators fan shroud and some other assorted brackets. There are a lot more things involved than just lifting the body. Plus, PA will furnish you with a set of instructions. I'm not doubting your ability to make the lift, I just don't think it is cost effective. Remember, your time is worth a lot of money.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wandell
You will still have to make bumper relocation brackets and other assorted items. I don't doubt you could make the lift pucks easily but there are a lot of other issues. On my 01, my PA kit included a steering shaft extension, fuel filler extension, brackets to lower the radiators fan shroud and some other assorted brackets. There are a lot more things involved than just lifting the body. Plus, PA will furnish you with a set of instructions. I'm not doubting your ability to make the lift, I just don't think it is cost effective. Remember, your time is worth a lot of money.

i didnt think about some of the other things that i would have to make. its finaly my summer vacation and i have access to all this stuff and i am just trying to think of something to make for my truck. and at this time i dont have a job i have a truck that gets 10 mpg theres not a whole lot i can do. on monday i got a job interview for a machining company so if i get that i can put more money into my truck.

Quick Reply: body lift