Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway Bars

Hi Guys,

Im looking into getting sway bars for my truck. Do you think I should just get a rear one or both front and rear?

Any suggestions on which ones are the best?

My truck stats are in my sig.

Thanks,

Jag

Last edited by Jaguar; 05-15-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
No thoughts on this guys?

Old 05-19-2005, 07:21 AM
I don't have the model you have but my '99 has the front sway bar/torsion bar already. Surf the web for F150 sway bars and you should find a good selection. You might try Cruzin Concepts (I think I spelled it right). Good luck!

Curt

Old 05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking about getting them too; and from what I've been reading you can't really go wrong with either Hellwig or Hotchkiss. People seem split pretty evenly as to which they like based on what they own, and nobody's had anything bad to say about either set. I don't know what places have what prices on them since I haven't gotten that far looking yet. I do know that Summit Racing carries both brands.

Some people say that you can just get the rear bar first and then decide if you want to get the front as well; but in my experience with all the little race cars I've ever put together, getting both bars will make the biggest difference. Usually it's a pretty big difference from stock, too.

I just can't justify spending the money for suspension goodies yet.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I installed a Hellwig on my Expy an F150. Fairly easy to install. Got em from Summit Racing catalog. About $135.00 each, and well worth the money.

Old 05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
4 or 5 different brands. Hellwig and Hotchkiss make the biggest diameter bars for our trucks. Hotchkiss is the most expensive and is hollow for faster response, but some complain that they rust, but most like the performance alot. Hellwig is just as big, yet cheaper, but is solid, very heavy and crude in appearance.

I have both the front and rear Hellwig. The front bar is the biggest diameter sway bar I have ever seen. I got only a rear Hellwig for my father's F150. The rear makes the biggest difference and is very noticable on curves. Too me, the front mainly increases steering sensitivity and steering control (which I like), which some do not like. I like them alot, but they will cause your truck to hit bumps harder.

Since our trucks do not come with rear swaybars, I think all F150s need at least the rear swaybar.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will go with both front and rear.

Regards,

Jag

Old 05-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I do not have mine yet. But when the times comes it will be a Hellwig for the rear.

If money is not an issue get both. If it is, get the rear and buy polyurethane bushings for the front. I am using Daystar. That will help a lot.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars