Quick Warrenty Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick Warrenty Question

Just wondering on what the rules of our warrenty are about lifting our trucks, and even if there are any. Mostly asking this for my dad since he wants to know before allowing me to lift my truck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Maggnuson/Moss Warranty act basically says a manufacturer can't void your warranty because of an aftermarket part unless they can prove the aftermarket part caused the failure. For instance, if you install a lift kit and have a ball joint fail, they can refuse to warranty it because of the suspension lift. However, they can't refuse to warranty a cracked cylinder head because of the suspension lift. So, if you install a suspension lift, you will void the warranty on your suspension parts affected by the lift. However, they should be covered by the suspension lift kit manufacturer. However, some dealers act like this law does not exist. I would advise checking with your dealer and see what their attitude is. I didn't want to have any problems at all with my extended warranty, so I installed a body lift which doesn't affect anything.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx

Thanx for the quick answer, it is appreciated. I figured that this was the answer i was going to hear. My dad is actually pretty good friends with the owner of the ford dealership we went through so i think that would help.

Quick Reply: Quick Warrenty Question