wanted, used Rancho shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wanted, used Rancho shocks

I couldn't find a better place to put this, so apologies if this isn't allowed.

My 98 SC 4x4 ORP F150 stock shocks, as we all know, suck! The other day I stopped by a local 4x4 shop, and they had removed a bunch of shocks off a truck that was to become a show truck, and these weren't pretty enough. Anyway, I dug through the pile and found two RS5000's that were still good, and I was able to install those on the rear of my truck. $15/each.

Unfortunately the fronts seem to be some funny size that they didn't have in the used pile.

Sooo, I'm wondering if someone upgraded to RS 9000's, or some other sort of upgrade, and has two front shocks that will fit a 98 F150 4x4 laying around. If so, please email me, as I would like to pick them up. I would prefer RS5000's to match the rear shocks, but any aftermarket shock upgrade that's still good will do.

Thanks!

-Jay
98 F150 4x4 ORP, 33x12.50 ProComp AT's, VGX brakes, K&N, (hi lift jack, come a long, etc,etc.)

Old 06-23-2001, 07:56 AM
I just had Rancho 5000 shocks installed on my truck ( 97 4x4 ORP ) on Monday and they are too stiff for my tastes. I am going to go to Monroe SensaTrac shocks. Putting on the rears today, would do the front also but can't get the bottom nut loose. These shocks were just installed Monday so you would think it should come off easy. I will sell these to you as soon as I get them off, if I cant' do it myself a local garage can do it later on in the week.Any tips as to how I could get the nut loose? I think it takes a 13mm socket but now it is slightly rounded and a half inch fits on tighter but still won't budge.

------------------
97 4x4 ORP reg.cab short bed.Downey SST, Rancho 5000s Michelin LTX MS Mint cond.

Old 06-25-2001, 02:47 PM
That sounds good, I was going to email you, but your profile doesn't have an email address listed.

I know the stock shocks use a 15mm and 18mm up front, and 18mm out back. The rear ones are easy to take off/on, you'll need a deep well socket, but I have never done the front ones.

-Jay
98 F150 4x4 SC ORP
33x12.50 Pro Comp AT's on stock wheels
VGX pads
K&N intake
Transgo shift kit

Old 06-25-2001, 04:14 PM
I tried your email address from your home page and it doesn't work. I am getting the front shocks installed on Thursday. I would really like to sell all four shocks. I will give you a super deal let me know if you would want to buy all four. Here's my email address..Denman50@aol.com

------------------
97 4x4 ORP reg.cab short bed.Downey SST, Rancho 5000s Michelin LTX MS Mint cond.

Old 06-25-2001, 04:23 PM
F150online
Founder
For future reference, this belongs in the classifieds, not the forums.

Steve

Quick Reply: wanted, used Rancho shocks