Rancho 9000 Dual Remote Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have the 9000s, with out the remote. Adjusting them is no problem at all. Takes about 5 seconds each/ The worst part of it, is having to crawl under the rear of the truck to reach the *****.
If a new kit is on the way at some point, I will wait. I to have my doubts about the current kit. That's why I didn't purchase it with the shocks. I don't see how it could hold up under the pounding our trucks see.

As for the steering kit...$45 sounds reasonable. Installation is easy with common hand tools.

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 XLT SC FS ORP Dark Graphite interior, Dark Toreador Red, Power (Driver's) Captain's Chairs, 6 Disk CD, Remote Keyless Entry, Rear Slider
5.4, 3.73
Mods:
Manik grill guard, Westin Nerfs, Lund Moon Visor, Leer TSC600 hard bed cover, Duraliner Drop-in bed liner. Deflecta Shield II bug guard, Ford Vent Visors, Remote Start, Lojack, Airaid FIPK.
Rancho RS-9000
Issues:
5.4 "Slapper" replaced with New 2K at 12k mi.
Driver's Door Crack Repaired at 15k mi.
Leaky Slider repaired
New A/C compressor
New GEM to fix 4x4 engagement issue

[This message has been edited by S-76 (edited 06-23-2001).]

Old 06-24-2001, 12:36 AM
Post Rancho 9000 Dual Remote Kit???

Well, i've been planning on getting this kit for a while. I called 4wheel parts in houston, to see what they thought of it, how much they would charge me, and installation costs. More than one person said they wouldnt recommend it, and one guy said he wouldnt install it. They said this because they leak too frequently. In their words,

"...Rancho is currently developing a new system that doesn't leak. It's been a problem thats costed the store money because we always end up taking them off trucks. We have been expecting a new Rancho system for a year, but haven't heard anything. I wont even do the install anymore 'cause i was getting blamed for falty installation. You don't want to waste your money on this one, wait for the new one."

SO, what does everyone think? I'm thinkin of just gettin the shocks but not the kit...how hard are the shocks to adjust in the back and front...? Thanks in advance,

------------------
-Brandon Warford
97 F150 4x4 Sport Brt. Red SuperCab
4.6l Triton V8
3.55LS Rear-end
MECHANICAL MODS:
Custom Alum. Skidplate
3" Performance Acc. Body Lift & lift lips
1-1.5" torsion bar
Fabtech 4" Blocks to replace stock
Clear Corner Lenses
315/75R16 Yoko. Geolander MTs
American Racing Atlas 16x10
True Dual Exhaust
--(2) 3 Chamber Flowmasters (Exits like the Lightning)
FUN MODS:
Pioneer 8000 3D series
Boston Acoustic 5x7s
Sony Xplode 4ch Amp
(2) 8" RF XLC Subs
Custom 4x4 Sticker
Viper Alarm
FUTURE MODS:
4.56 gears
Repaint around Headlights where clearcoat is coming off >=(
Fix ding in tailgate
New pinstripe
Heckethorn or Rancho Steering Stabilizer
Rancho RS9000 Shocks & Control System
Thats about it for now!
Check out my NEW WEBSITE:
****BigBadRed's Website****
Killintime4fun@aol.com
"F-150: The other woman!"

"...the road curves to the right and there are a lot of signs that say you cannot turn left...TURN LEFT."

Old 06-24-2001, 12:39 AM
Also, I've been looking at steering stabilizers. How much did most of you pay for the kit and shock? I've see advertised prices for Rancho ones for like $45, but that appears to be just for the kit...any help?
Thanks.

-Brandon

Quick Reply: Rancho 9000 Dual Remote Kit???