the lift is on

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up the lift is on

Well, I finally did it. The Fabtech 3" lift was put on last weekend and it is GREAT!! Here are the facts: the lift consisted of spindles, blocks, 4 shocks, u bolts/hardware and cams. Installed with an alignment it was $968.00 + tax. Another local shop wanted $1,500 and that did not include the alignment. Before the lift, the front fender was 35" and now it is at 38". Yes, a true 3" lift. Fortunately I already swapped the puny 235's for the taller 265's so I don't have a ton of open wheel well. Now I get to swap the 265's for 285's because of the recall. I still have the stock 6 spoke wheel and there is NO rubbing at all. Thanks to the refund from our great President, we can all now afford to get the lifts that we have always wanted. This Fabtech lift is great, I highly recomend it. One drawback is that I will have to buy a bigger drop down hitch when I pull the boat. It doesn't sit level anymore! I will do that after the tires go on in about a week. BLUEFISH

------------------
'97 F150 XLT SC 4X2 4.6L Moonlight Blue Century Cap 265/75/16 Firestone Wilderness A/T

Quick Reply: the lift is on