slide-in camper

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 09:39 AM
sly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilltool!!

The suspense is killing me!!

Unfortunately I have had no luck yet finding a good used pop-up similar to yours. I will keep looking. (A lot of hunters and fisherman around my place and they just hang on to them)

Good luck with the air lifts.

Yaroslow got your e-mail. Thank you very much for the info.(Pics did not work out but that's fine)

sly

Old 05-02-2001, 05:26 PM
HEY Yaroslow and Sly-

Went and picked up the mounts today at the dealer. Box was all smashed up and parts were rolling around inside and the instruction sheet was just that- a sheet. The dealer complained about having to order from B.C. ( i thought NAFTA was supposed to make us all one big happy family...) BUT..... now Yaroslow's directions are making sense (i was never able to get the second set of pictures to open other than in text-either). I'm still booked through the weekend with committments so i doubt i'll get very far before next week. Got the Air lifts last week and- yes-they look simple. Just need a block of time where I can get the truck on stands and get the drilling done. I'll be in touch- and Yaroslow, I may throw an Email at you eventually as i try to figure these things out. Thanks again for guiding me to them- by the way-what brand of camper do you have and have you loaded it yet??

Hilltool

Old 05-02-2001, 11:17 PM
Hi Hilltool,

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting the mounts. So much for free trade and proper packaging.

I will resend the pictures in BMP format. They should open in MS Paint. Feel free to send an email if you have questions.

As for the camper, it is designed and built by myself over the last two years.(My wife and I have our own product engineering design company.) It does not resemble anything on the market. Patents are applied for in US and Canada. We will be starting road tests soon and hope to be able to make it "public" by late this summer.

Old 05-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Lightbulb

Hey- Yaroslow and Sly

i think, seeing as we appear to be the only three still following these posts-

that i will switch to EMAIL. Apparently, we know how to do that (got each others addresses). However- if anyone out there is watching (listening) - and the continuing drama of frame based mounts for an f150 has become central to your life- Then give a holler here and I'll post the latest updates. Otherwise-sly and Yaroslow-look for me in your mailbox

Hilltool

Old 05-23-2001, 07:12 PM
sly

Hilltool saw on irv2 that your set up was almost complete. Requested by e-mail more info from you. Don't let me down now!!!

sly

Quick Reply: slide-in camper