best lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best lift kit

I have a 97 and I am getting ready to lift it. I can't decide between the fabtech 6" or the skyjacker 6". I am also going to put a 3" body lift and wonder if someone knows a brand that is complete and has good bumper brackets. I will appreciate your input.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I must start off by saying "Go Big Red!", now onto the question. I personally don't care for the Fabtech lift and am not really familiar with the skyjacker lift. I have also heard good things about RCD lifts, you may want to check them out as well.

Old 08-11-2003, 03:18 PM
I will have to look into the RCD some more I have never really heard of them before. And yes GO BIG RED!

Old 08-12-2003, 10:59 AM
I myself have just purchased a FABTECH kit and I must say it is one very nice kit the only thing about it I do not like is the fact that it uses blocks in the rear to achive the lift which is what most comapnies do anyway. However Skyjacker does make a set of replacemanet springs to go with there 6" kit that I will be buying so I will have Fabtech up front and Skyjacker rear springs. NTWonline.com is having a special on the Fabtech kit right now for 1300 plus free shipping the Skyjacker starts off at 1495 and then the rear springs are extra. I have done lots of research before buying this lift and was orignally going to go with the Superlift but then Fabtech came out with the 6" and I had to do more reasearch it is the BEST selling kit and that has been told to me by almost all the 4x4 shops that sell them. I down loaded the directions from Fabtechs site first and it is a pretty simple install not cutting or welding and you only have to drill a few holes in your frame for extra bolts to secure the brackets. Crazy4fords why dont you like the Fabtech ? I know a few guys that have th RCD and they wish they had gotten the Fabtech instead after having it for awhile.

Richard

Old 08-12-2003, 02:54 PM
I am going to go with a suspension and body lift soon, I think I may end up going with the Skyjacker, but that RCD looks good, too. I like the Fabtech, seems they have been making 97 lifts longer than almost anyone, and I haven't read where people are disappointed. I really think I may go with the Skyjacker, though, or maybe a Tuff Country. I will opt for the extra shocks in the back, though.

Old 08-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Thank you for your input. I do like the skyjacker because of the rear springs also. So I suppose it will come down to which one is cheaper at the time.

Old 08-15-2003, 05:39 AM
I guess in a 4X4 application I really do not have a lot of knowledge of Fabtech. I am a 4X2 guy and on the prerunner site that I am always on they don't have much nice things to say about Fabtech. On the site it is known as more of a "street" lift kit. No persaon experience but from what I'm told I will never be using them. I am going to be getting a California Super Trucks lift in the future($$$$ Willing) and if they make 4X4 lifts for your truck you might want to try them as well.

Old 08-15-2003, 10:26 AM
I have never even heard of the California Super Truck lift name. I know a lot of guys that are running the Fabtech and no one has had anything bad to say about it and before I purchased mine I did tons of research and this is one really nice kit very solid. I also know a few guys running various other brands and some of them have said they wish they had gone with the FAbtech instead of the one they got.

Richard

Old 08-15-2003, 02:35 PM
YOu don't say if you have a 4x4 or 4x2, but I am going to assume 4x2 since you mention Fabtech's lift and blocks. I think the Fabtech has a rear add-a-leaf as an option. Also, you may want to take a looks @ Rancho's 4" lift. I've seen it on a 4x2 Screw and it was pretty nice.

Old 08-16-2003, 12:29 PM
I have a 4x4 with factory offroad package. I wonder if any one out there has had the skyjacker six inch. It looks awesome and you can get the rear leaf spring. No one has really mentioned superlift are those junk. THANX for the input

Old 08-16-2003, 12:32 PM
No Superlift is NOT junk in fact they were the first company to come out with a lift for the 97 f-150 back when they first came out very high quality system and that is the one I originally was going to get until the Fabtech came out with there 6" as the Superlift is only 5 inches.

Richard

Old 08-17-2003, 11:13 PM
yeah the higher the better. What about a body lift company or brand. I want one with good bumper brackets. I appreciate your input.

Old 08-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Sorry cannot help with the body lift thing as I personally do not like them and will not recomned them to anyone.But I am sure there are plenty here who will.

Richard

Old 08-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Thumbs up

Performance Accessories Body Lift is a great kit, if not the best.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Thank you I will check them out. I was also wondering how well 33 12.50's fit with out doing in suspension or body lifting.

Quick Reply: best lift kit