Rancho RS9000's

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2000, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rancho RS9000's

I put my Rancho RS9000's a couple of months ago, but wanted to really get them broke in and get a chance to get a real opinion of them before I posted the results. I absolutely love the shocks. I wasn't to sure about adjustable shocks, but I had heard nothing but good about them, and the guy at 4-wheel parts talked me into them.

I also bought the dual remote kit, which is really nice. I think it looks really cool on the dash, and is great that I can adjust my ride whenever I would like without even getting out of my truck. You can really tell a big difference in the different settings when you can adjust them as you are driving.

I installed the shocks and remote myself (with a help of one buddy). The install on the shocks was very typical, but the remote was a different story. It was pretty easy to do, but took quite a while. It was worth it once it was done, and I sure didn't want to pay the $150 to have 4-wheel parts do it.

I just got my new tires (see profile) on a couple days ago, and they seem to make the shocks perform even better...I don't know...maybe that's just my imagination though.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6, 3.55

Duraliner bedliner, Husky floormats, Custom seatcovers (I only cover the leather when I'm really dirty, though), Premier single-lid toolbox

285/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's, 16x8 American Racing Python Aluminum Wheels, Torsion Bars up 1", Gibson 2.5" split-rear exit cat-back exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Rancho RS9000's w/ dual remote

http://ocu-stars.okcu.edu/cvenable.stu/index.htm#b
(new pics to come soon

Old 10-01-2000, 09:27 PM
yup! 9000s are the way to go.

Where did you mount the remote?

Old 10-02-2000, 05:43 PM
I mounted the remote on the left side of my dash, sorta above the vent and lights. It worked the best there because it was easy to hide the hoses and wires, and it was closer to the fuse box.

Quick Reply: Rancho RS9000's