loose rivets in frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2000, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post loose rivets in frame

I have a 95 f-150 extend a cab long bed.The rivets have losened up in the frame and not makes a popping noise.Does any one know of a recall or warany that ford has that would cover this. Does this pose as a safty hazard?

Thank you for any help
Jeff

Old 09-09-2000, 11:49 AM
Exclamation

jfox

I don't know about recalls or TSB's for 95. But if it is not covered by warranty I would put in there new rivets or nuts and bolts in place right away, from the safety standpoint.

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift and Lift Lips.

See photos at <A HREF="http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

" TARGET=_blank>www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

</A>

Old 09-09-2000, 01:03 PM
Do you think I should try to get a hold of ford and Let them know The frames are loosing up and the rivets are a mafacture defect?

Old 09-09-2000, 04:02 PM
I remember my friend complaining about his F-150's frame popping and it needed rivits replaced.

Ford later came up with a couple "service tips" relating to "popping or creaking noise" back in 1Q97 which had something to do with replacing the rivits in the frame with bolts.

Tight-fitting grade 8 shoulder-bolts in combination with crazy-glue and taper-pin arrangements work well in preventing shifting of framerails.

Quick Reply: loose rivets in frame